Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chinese New Year

We were so lucky to be invited to our first Chinese New Year Celebration this year.
2015 is the year of the goat/sheep.
Our hostess and a friend.
I wore my "new" jacket.
There was so much food.
This was a dessert made with Asian pears and white wood ear mushrooms called yin-er (silver ear).
Our hostess really went all out with the food choices.
Some of the dishes were:
Stir fried eggs and tomatoes
Pork and Noodles
Tofu and Veggies
Eggplant
Lamb
Turkey Noodle Soup
Spring Rolls
I wish I could remember all of the dishes!
Making everything herself!
It was such a fun evening and we were honored to be a part of it.

Let's keep in touch!

  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png


Pin It

8 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! The food looks amazing. And I love your jacket lady! Charming hostess there too! Thanks for sharing. This just gave me a thought...(dangerous for me to think)...I would love to host a "different Culture" party! See...I don't need to be looking at other blogs...makes me crazy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Becky said...

This is awesome! What a fun night and I love your jacket!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a fun celebration and the food looks amazing! I would love to try the tofu and veggies, yum!

Love Of Quilts said...

Nice party all the food you could eat. So good to get invited.

Tamar SB said...

How fun!! Everything looks super tasty!

Jules said...

Looks like your friends throw great parties as well. Love you jacket!

Ida said...

That looked like a fun evening and a lot of tasty food.

Dawn Gross said...

Sounds like a fun party!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails