Tuesday, March 17, 2015

{Traditions} Baby Time Capsule

 This is a fun tradition that requires a lot of patience but is so worth it.  For our daughter's first birthday, we asked people to bring something timely from the last year to put in her time capsule.
 
It was to be opened on her 21st birthday.  I stenciled the crate #fancy and even put the date on it so we wouldn't cheat or forget what year we were planning on opening it.   This box has moved with us twice and has been up in our current attic for almost ten years.
 It was finally time to celebrate her 21st birthday (read about it here) and open the capsule! 
Some of the things we found in there:
*the outfit she came home from the hospital in and her hospital bracelet
*newspapers and magazines from the past year (a lot of it was focused on the OJ trial)
*baseball cards
*silver dollars
 *coins from the year 
*notes from family members (one from my grandmother that is so special)
*lots of photos
I'm not sure what she's opening here but it could be jewelry from her grandma.
 There was a collectible Campbell Soup ornament from her grandfather.
 Her first legal drink meant to be shared with her uncle (one for each). 
This was a dress made by a friend who had also made her a matching one for her first birthday.
Cute idea!
I think this one was a favorite.
You could start this tradition any year with your child or even your spouse...a wedding time capsule might be fun to open on your 25th anniversary.  Darn! Now why didn't I think of that??
We "only" have six more years until Miss High School gets to open her baby time capsule!!

pssst...did you enter my giveaway yet?

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Welcome To the Weekend
Pin It

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

You are amazing to think of this!!

Jules said...

What a wonderful idea....and how much fun it must have been to open that all these years later!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy Heather! How precious! This is such a great idea and as you said...well worth it! I would have boo-hooed the whole time she was looking at all her treasures! You are such a good mama to have saved all of that and made it happen for her! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Clairejustine oxox said...

What a great idea, love this :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This is a great idea Heather and must be fun to look at everything again!

Carla from The River said...

I wish I would have done this. :-) I will have to for the grand-babies. :-))
I think it is so great you thought of it. How fun. I am so glad you shared it with us.
Carla

Love Of Quilts said...

Never in a million years could I have come up with a idea like this, so wish I could have. I am going to show this to Alicia maybe she will do it for my grandbaby. Sweet.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love this and so with I had done the same! So many special treasures in here that she will cherish forever. I never have thought of doing this, or heard of anyone doing it so thank you for sharing!

Dawn Gross said...

What a treasure! Great idea!

Becky said...

Oh wow! What an awesome idea! I can't imagine waiting that long though :)

Bliss said...

Did you get all choked up? I got a lump in my throat just reading it.

Clairejustine oxox said...

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop :):)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails