Friday, April 30, 2010

Easy Wreath Birdbath

On Friday I teased you with this sneak peek of our weekend craft project.  This is all you need to make a birdbath for your feathered friends; a grapevine wreath, terra cotta pot saucer and some cord or rope.  How do I know this?  Because I discovered an I-touch/phone app called Family Fun Craftfinder.
 I downloaded it to my I-Touch (free!) and checked it out.

You choose an age group, amount of time you have and time of year/holiday and out pops a list of matching crafts.

We chose this one.  It's great because I could pull out my I-Touch at the craft store and get the list of supplies we needed.  I never seem to remember what I need when I'm actually at the craft store. The employees were impressed.

I couldn't find the 15 inch wreath and 10 inch saucer that the directions called for so we made a smaller version.  It couldn't have been easier. Cut three pieces of rope/hemp cord (make them shorter if you are doing a smaller bird bath like we did). Then knot them at each end.


Nestle the wreath in the ropes.


Then put the saucer on top of the wreath. Hang it up and fill with water.

We decided not to add the artificial leaves, we get enough real ones out on the deck where we were going to hang it.
We got this far and then it rained for about three days so I couldn't get a sunny day photo of it until yesterday.
I still haven't seen a bird on it so it might be too small or too shallow. I still think it looks pretty and I can always fill it with birdseed but those squirrels...those ornery squirrels!                                                             
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!



UndertheTableandDreaming
Pin It

12 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

I love it! I couldn't imagine what you were going to do, and that's just so cool. Now I'm gonna have to make one!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks!! I'm sure you have all the supplies too!

Chelsea said...

Aw, how cute! We really need to get our patio up-to-snuff soon so I can do really fun outdoorsy projects like this!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Chelsea. I can only imagine what clever ideas you have up your sleeve for the patio!

iheartorganizing said...

Looks great Heather! And so awesome to use your phone to find a craft app! Gotta love technology these days!!

Franchesca said...

Very cool phone app! Love the project! thanks for sharing!

www.smallbirdstudio.blogspot.com

Life in Rehab said...

Hey, Heather, we're on Tatertots and Jello together!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Jen!
Franchesca..thank you for stopping over. I'm enjoying your blog too!
Sunny..really?? Must go check this out!!!

Petie said...

Great idea....will have to try this if it ever stops raining here...

Stephanie Lynn said...

This is simply adorable! I've seen this in the magazine but have forgotten about it! Thanks so much for posting! Yours looks super cute! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance! I just love this idea! Thansk for sharing!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Petie..hope it stops raining!

Stephanie Lynn..I love that magazine! I will stop over and see you. Thanks for stopping over here and commenting!

Stephanie Lynn said...

Love this and hope to make some with my little guy! Great tutorial too! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hope to see you again next Sunday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails