Thursday, April 22, 2010

Updating our Abode - Kitchen Part 4

We still had some things left to do in the kitchen.  We had just installed a new pot rack chandelier and that made the other light fixture stick out like a sore brass & green thumb.
Here's a little bit better view up close of both of them. I wanted something that would coordinate with and not compete against the new light.

                                                                                                        

I finally settled on this simple linear Veranda chandelier from Pottery Barn.  I love how it looks like candles without the fuss (and danger) of real flames.  In case you're wondering what happened to ol' brass and greeny, I freecycled it.
Here you can see them together. What a cute couple. The lamps are nice too...ba dump bump!
Then we moved on to the oven, range hood and backsplash.  Here's a quick look at what we did.
We also added new bar stools and crown molding sometime along the way.  Here it is all decorated for fall.
Phew! I think we're all done (for now).
One more time.....
                                             



  



So that was a fun little walk down memory lane for me. What do you think?

If you want to see what we did to get here:you can see part 1,part 2 & part 3. Our powder room makeover is here.
Blogger Templates









Pin It

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks great! I won't lie, I've been secretly coveting one of those electric candle fixtures from PB for forever - they are just so neat and add so much character and ambiance! You did a good job picking out your light fixtures, they really go together well. Your kitchen looks fab - what a difference, huh? I know I go through my "before" and "now" photos all the time, and I still can't believe how much difference there is. Great job! :)

Rebekah Greiman said...

Thanks for stopping by my ol blogspot. I'm glad you liked the scarf shirt that I made. I love that you are remodeling/updating your own house. We are in that process constantly...it never seems to end. If you are interested, here's a link to our 'Past, Present, & Blown Up' projects:
http://www.potholesandpantyhose.com/A/Home_Life_Pre-Page.html

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Chelsea, it's my second PB chandelier(we have one that moved with us in the dining room) and I'm really happy with both of them. Nice quality!Thanks about our kitchen. It took a few years, but this is our"forever" house so I don't mind taking our time. It's funny you mention going through your Before and After pix, my 16 yr old (after reading my blog) said "wow our kitchen used to look really bad!". I'm so glad I have a few photos of the transformation.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Hey Rebekah thanks for stopping over and leaving a comment! I really (really!) appreciate every single comment I get. I have been checking out your blog and I will continue to follow your transformations.

Life in Rehab said...

I think I just turned greener than verdigris. Your kitchen is nothing short of spectacular!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sunny..that made me think of Wicked!!Anyway..thanks!! I feel the same way about your house!

Sara Klink said...

Question, kind of personal so you don't have to answer. Our kitchen is very similar, we have the old white laminate with wood trim counters, black and white appliances and need new hardware and a new sink and backsplash. I was wondering if you could give some figures or maybe ranges of what the prices were for these upgrades. Did you do most of it yourself or use a hardware store? Thanks!!

Becca said...

Ooooh! I love this! I love your color choice too. I just painted my bathroom the same orange color. It's so warm and inviting! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Becca

Eve said...

Great looking kitchen! Wow, what a huge difference the new lighting made in the kitchen, both chadeliers are awesome. And that's really cool how you gave the old one on freecycle, I love freecycle!

Debbie said...

I love your kitchen! So very warm and inviting...you guys did a great transformation.

Kat from California said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous. I like that you kept the cabinets and table. I think it's a shame when everything is demolished at once. I painted one of my living room walls. Everyone was amazed that we were that daring. I love it!! The other walls are a soft yellow and the kitchen, that you can see from the entry is a darker yellow. I still need to post pictures. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails