Monday, April 26, 2010

Curb appalling to curb appealing?

I don't know..maybe it's just me but I have a thing about mailboxes. I think they are a reflection of your home and when you think about it, they are they first thing people see as they pull up to your house (if you have a street mail box) or knock at your door (if you have a front door mail box) and I think they are often neglected.  So when we bought our home and inherited this 'gem'..well let's just say I had to do something about it. STAT!

Here it is up close! It was quite rusty and even came with a bees' nest inside! You can't see the bird droppings that covered the post as well.

                                                          Yowza!


So for Mother's Day that year I asked for and received a new...wait for it.....





......................................MAILBOX!



                                                       Hallelujah!!!
                And for putting up with me while I take pictures of the mailbox!!!


So what's your opinion on mailboxes? Are you like me and think they should reflect you and your home or do you really not care what they look like as long as they do their job and hold your mail?
                                                           
Pin It

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay for new mailboxes! Your new one goes with your house and style much better than the bird house/rusty sunflower one, haha. We were in the same situation when we bought our house - the mailbox was hanging on by a thread because of how many times it'd been bumped/run over by cars, I think. When we went to remove it to replace it, we barely touched the thing and the wooden post snapped completely in half! And I definitely agree on the mailbox making an impression!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Chelsea...now I know I'm not the only one who notices people's mailboxes!!!

Life in Rehab said...

My mailbox is on the long list of future projects, and I'm with you: it's a first impression. What a beautiful new one, and such a cool post. I've never seen anything like it! You have the coolest taste.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Sunny!! *blushing*

Petie said...

Hi Heather! Would love to follow each others blogs :) ThAnKs for stopping by mine.

As for mailboxes, I'm with you, should be tasteful! Unfortunately, the way our neighborhood works, there's one SET of 10 or 12 mailboxes in one location for about a blocks worth of neighbors. I (or my kids) have to walk 3 houses to get to it....guess it's good exercise :)

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sounds great Petie. I will pop over and become a follower. :) Very interesting about your mailbox set up. I guess it makes it easier for the mail carrier.

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

Wow! This looks so much better. I'm sure your mail even looks prettier now :)

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sarah..thanks! I still love the new mailbox and getting my mail out is much more pleasant!

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

And I am sure the mailman/woman appreciates it!!

Looks good but of course! =)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails