Friday, April 23, 2010

Who are the critters in my neighborhood?

We don't have any pets of our own but we do have a variety of critters that visit us during the year.  As long as they stay outside the house when they visit!
                                                     
                                                Mr Toad
turtles
butterflies

and other flying or crawly things


Lots and lots of squirrels
birds of prey
beautiful deer
ground hogs
Oh and these super creepy turkey vultures that seem to come by aound Halloween. Spooky!!

So what do you think of my visiting critters?
ps..we had some bunnies last night but I can't get close enough for a photo(yet).

Blogger Templates
Pin It

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow! You've had a ton of visitors! That squirrel is too funny... did he actually go inside the oven? That photo of the turkey vultures on top of your house is pretty creepy - it looks like something right out of The Birds movie!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Hi Chelsea! The squirrels do go inside the chiminea and store their nuts in there too (except when it's on of course!).
Those birds always creep me out. Luckily they go on the neighbor's house, not ours yet. I don't know why but it's ok with me!

Life in Rehab said...

Mr. Toad is positively framable. Say, is that a tile spacer?

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sunny...I believe it is. Must have been around the time the backsplash was going in the kitchen. Good eye!!
Mr. Toad is pretty cute, I agree!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

Yikes, they ARE very creepy up there! We have lots of lizards and spiders - I guess it's just as creepy!

Mr Toad is so cute. :)

Petie said...

My son would love those critters. We're next door to some woods and his love is garter snakes!!! It's taken me awhile to get used to them but it's getting better :)

Looking forward to exploring your blog more, great photos!

Petie said...

Great critters! My son would love that. He spends many weekends catching garter snakes in the woods next door. I'm slowly getting used to them.

New to the blog world and looking forward to exploring your blog some more. Great pics!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sarah..thanks for stopping over and commenting!!! We get spiders but not lizards (that I know of, at least). The spiders have been bad lately.
Petie...thanks about my photos, for stopping over and for commenting!! I'm sure we have snakes our there too but I haven't seen one to photograph yet, I'd be running away!

Charla said...

I like Mr Toad :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails