Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kids Artwork-What to do with it all

My kids are very artistic and as a result, they generate a lot of artwork..a lot!!  I love their masterpieces but only have so much room to display it all. I have framed some of it but I wanted a more flexible system for displaying their artwork.  My mom told me about these frames from Improvements Catalog.


They look like this
and display one masterpiece at a time but hold up to 50 more behind it. It's easy to open the latch of the frame, add a new painting or drawing, then close the glass door and secure the latch. The new piece is on display and can be easily changed. They come in two sizes and in either black or cherry finish. They can be hung vertically or horizontally and come with the hardware for hanging these cabinet style frames.



I ordered four for our empty basement staircase and I think I need two more horizontal frames. I'm finding out that not all of their artwork is vertical!

I usually feature two from each child.






I store oversized artwork in here.


Do you have any fabulous solutions for this type of storage and display?

Pin It

8 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

VERY cool frames, I have to get some! My three spend a ton of time drawing, and that would be perfect in our upstairs hallway.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks! I'm sure you'll come up with some incredibly clever way to DIY them though. :)

Petie said...

Your kids are awesome artists! Great framing idea. Thanks for sharing.

Petie said...

Ignore this if you already have 10 comments from me :) For some reason I'm having trouble leaving comments today...

Love the frames and your kids are remarkable artists! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

thanks Petie and I treasure every comment, no ignoring here!!!

Mel said...

Hi Heather

Thanks for the visit and for being so kind.
Your kids are amazing artists. I have one in my house too. I made a art display for my daughters room a la knock off wood (a scaled down version) that is working out really well. I'll post a pic on my blog to show you.

Mel

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping over Mel. I can't wait to check out the art display you made (and all of your other creations) on your blog!

Gina said...

I am not sure that I have any brilliant revelations here to solve the kid artwork problem, and I am only beginning (my kid is 2). One thing I do since I am a photographer is that I take pictures of it and use it as backgrounds for pictures in his scrapbook. Yes I do electronic scrapbooking! Great post!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails