Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor

I finally pulled out my Valentines decor last week and it  turns out I didn't really want to use much of it.
 I was inspired by this creative lady to put together this playful vignette, though.
I filled a few of my decanters with red water and hand stamped some white card stock tags. I made the tags with a Creative Memories punch.
I tied the tags on with red waxed twine.  You never know what you'll find when you look through your craft supplies.
I also filled a left over Starbucks Frappuccino  bottle with conversation hearts and stuck a red and white striped straw in it.   I used my thrifted flask, old bottle and red candle holder to fill out the tray (also thrifted).
I made a banner out of pink doilies from Target (bought last year but never used) , the red waxed twine and some sticker letters(leftover from this project and this one.  Super simple.
I was liking my creamy white mantel so much that I decided not to add any of the red decorations to it like I had last year.
{last year's Valentine's mantel}
It's got a love birds theme now.
I did add one soft pop of pink by changing out the 'flowers' in the vase.
 I like it.
It's just enough color and theme to get me through the holiday.
 I also added some rustic burlap hearts to my snowy garland.
I think they finish it out nicely.
The best part, the whole kit and kaboodle cost me nada!

Linking up with:
Pin It

13 comments:

Katie said...

This looks great! I love the white mantle with the burlap hearts and the little touch of pink.

Deserae said...

Love your Valentine vignettes...very pretty! Your mantle looks so beautiful with all the white.... and the little love birds add just the perfect romantic touch :o)
~Des

PS. I am now following you on Blogger...hope you will follow me back :o)

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving the mantle piece! The more I see white and burlap the more I just love this combination! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

amy@agoodlife said...

haha, this just made me realize i haven't even entertained the idea of valentine's decorations this year... how do these things sneak up on me so fast?? love your decor!

Lake Mary Photography said...

I love it! A twist on Bliss's twist! You hit the nail on the head when you said it's amazing what you find around the house when you start looking.

~Bliss~

Michelle said...

I wish I had a mantel to decorate! LOVE your burlap heart garland. Thanks for linking to the Valentine Craft Linky at Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

Miriam@BeBookBound said...

These are all darling decorations! And I LOVE that you didn't spend a ton of money. That's my one requirement for holiday decor- it's free, or it's not going up in my house :) Thanks for sharing your gorgeousness with the world!

scrappymo! said...

What a lovely mantle. Ipaged pack a few posts and like what I saw. I will sign up to become a follower.
Scrappymo! #57

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Simple and beautiful...and I'm sharing it right away on my Facebook Kiss& Tell Artist Talent Album!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
Thanks so much for linking up to Kiss & Tell over at I Gotta Create!

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Heather! I love all of your Valentine decorations...they are classy and understated. Thanks for sharing your fabulous photography with us too. I saw your post over at " Terrific Under Ten Tuesday".

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Everything looks so festive! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

You are featured on my blog tonight!! C'mon by and grab a feature button :) Thanks for linking up - a new party started tonight, too!
<3 Christina

Bliss said...

It tickles me that we both did something for Valentines that year. What are this years plans?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails