Friday, February 3, 2012

Tween Room Finishing (?) Touches

I don't know if we're ever truly finished decorating a room but we've added a few more things to the tween's room and are closer to finished.
To see where we started, click here.
We changed out the mirror over this lovely piece
This was also from my friend's shop. The bright watermelon pink really pops on the turquoise wall (and matches her desk chair from Ikea perfectly!).
{this photo isn't showing the true color of the chair but you get the idea}
The lines of the two pieces just seem to be made for each other.
   We do plan on hanging it up a few inches eventually.
I love all the curly cue details on it.
Speaking of curly cues, the ribbon tie backs weren't really working out and I had these brushed nickel ones just hanging around (pun intended).  Much better! I may spray them with some ORB (oil rubbed bronze) paint to go with the other finishes in the room. {a warm weather project}
To continue her rhino obsession, we found this guy at Zgallerie (with a coupon of course!).
His name is Ralphie and he is fitting in quite well with Steve and his other savanna friends.
The tween has kept her bed in the twin size position since Christmas (when she had her tree up).
  It makes the room seem a lot bigger!
A different perspective of the room (her Christening shoes).
We have at least  only two more projects to complete.
One is to make a few more pillows for bed (although I don't know if they'll fit).
The other is to decoupage this cardboard letter with photos.
She's already added some of her own artwork to the room -
like this tribal mask.
She also painted some canvases to coordinate with her duvet cover.
They look awesome.  Can't wait to hang them up. 
 This room has been a fun work in progress.  What are you working on?

one year ago...Special Deliveries

Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

Chantel said...

What a lovely room! I have three boys (10, 11 & 12) so I totally missed out on the pinkness! lol

Courtney said...

REALLY cute room! You have done a great job!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! I love love love this room! The pink and turquoise are fabulous, and I love how your daughter has displayed her own art work!

It's All Connected said...

What a fun room for a tween! I love all the colour and her personality shows in the accessories. ~ Maureen

Creations By Cindy said...

So cute! Oh I adore the precious little shoes!!!! Such a wonderful idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

dee dee said...

Great room, I'm sure she just loves it!
dee dee

Bliss said...

The shoes did it for me. TDC (too darn cute!)

~Bliss~

Carli Alice said...

This is such a lovely room! She has one awesome mom!

Karren said...

Hi there, what fun things you have done to this room, of course I love pink, (favorite color. Have fun with the other projects. I found you on Grandmas Guide To Life. I hope you can stop by Oh My Heartsie
and follow mine as well
Oh! My Heartsie Oh! My Heartsie Thanks so much have a great day! Karren

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails