Wednesday, February 8, 2012

{Recipe}Crispy Fried Tofu

 Easy Vegetarian Comfort Food!
When I was stocking the kitchen for my vegan daughter, I bought a huge tub of nutritional yeast. I noticed it was in a lot of vegan recipes.   I also found out that it's the only reliable food source of Vitamin B12 for vegans.  It has a nutty, cheesy, creamy taste and it's often used by vegans as a substitute for Parmesan cheese.
It helps to dry out your tofu first.
 I used this method and extra firm tofu.
 Dip the tofu in soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
After dipping in soy sauce, dredge the tofu in the nutritional yeast (like breadcrumbs).
Fry in a pan with olive oil.
About 5 minutes each side until it's golden brown.
Serve immediately with some more soy sauce on the side (if you like).
It was a hit with the tofu eaters in my family.

Pin It

6 comments:

Bliss said...

I have no tofu eaters here, I tried once.... it didn't go over so well and I never tried again. Good for your healthy little tofu eaters!

~Bliss~

Katie said...

Mmmm, this looks good! I wonder if I could get AJ into eating tofu with this! He will eat it at my friend's house (she uses a lot of tofu sausage because she's kosher), but he won't eat it at home!

Morgan said...

This sounds so tasty and amazing! I loooove tofu and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. You can be sure that I'll be trying this! =)

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

I am sure that is tasty! Looks so good! Patsy

Tiffany said...

Heather, Do you ever cook gluten free? My little cousin is now on a gluten free diet and my Aunt is having a hard time with cooking gluten free. Thought I'd ask a cooking expert...you =)

Morgan said...

Heather,

I actually made this tofu about a week after you posted this originally and I have made it a bunch since then. I also made it last week for dinner and I love it!! This method is so crispy and delicious. :) My non-vegetarian homies love it too. :)

Wanted to let you know that your recipe is a winner!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails