Monday, September 27, 2010

Thrifting and My Little Collector

On our last visit to this fun place we found some great items.


I thought this vintage tin box and camera would look great in my older daughter's new room.  If not, I'd find a place for them!

I have a strange weakness for letter blocks and the pictures on these stacking blocks just sealed the $3.00 deal!
I've started collecting decanters for my dining room buffet and I love the topper on this one.
Even my youngest got in on the collecting action.  She spied these miniature ceramic houses and was intrigued by their detailed exteriors.  For about $20 she started a new collection and also got a display case for them or whatever she decides to use it for.
The houses had the words Wade England stamped on the bottom and we looked them up on "the internets" when we got home.  They are from the Wade Whimsey on Why Collection that were produced by the Wade Pottery Company of England and Ireland in the 1980's and 1990's.  This looks like a fun and fairly inexpensive collectible for her.  She's hooked!
Blogger Templates
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/




HOG




Photobucket

Pin It

19 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Great finds. Love the tin box and the camera. Blocks are always fun, they can be used in so many ways. What a fabulous collection too of the houses, they look stunning. I think you guys did good. Hugs, Marty

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Heather,
So many awesome treasures...I'm lovin the camera and decanter!

Blessings,
Linda

Life in Rehab said...

Those little houses are so adorable!

Mrs. A said...

New follower from Mingle Monday! Come visit me, www.frugalonthecheap.com

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I am a new follower!! Would love for you to check out my blog and do the same!!

Julie Harward said...

Looks like you found some wonderful things! Now the fun of finding just the right place for each thing! ;D

Merrie said...

You found some cute things. The houses are my favorites.

Debbie said...

Hi Heather, love that camera...those cute little houses are just so adorable! Yes that is chocolate chips and coconut...I will be soon showing the entire space when I complete them.

Tiffany said...

Hi I’m your newest follower from Tuesday Blog Hop. I’d love for you to come visit and follow me
http://hislittlemrs.blogspot.com/2010/09/tuesday-blog-hop.html

April said...

Following you from Tuesday Blog Hops! Loving your blog already :) Hope you will follow back, as well! Lovely finds!

Best,
April

www.marineparents.blogspot.com

tips4green said...

Hi there! I am a new follower. Please stop on by my blog! Great blog you have here! Have a wonderful evening!
Alissia
Tips 4 Green
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by New To Mom. I checked out your puppy chow post. OMG! That looks delish.

Jenny @ Embellishing Life said...

I really need to start checking out some thrift shops! Such great finds! I am your newest follower visiting from the Tuesday blog hop...hope you can visit me too :)
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Love that decanter! My daughter seems to be getting the collecting bug too...she's about to outgrow her room! More organizing for Mom, I guess?!?

Glad you'll get to enjoy the parade this year :)

The White Whimsies said...

Stopping by from Tuesday's Blog Hop

www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

My So Called Homeschool Life said...

Great finds! We love thrift store shopping.

New follower from Tuesday Blog Hop. Would love a follow back.

Have a great day!

Ruthie Joyce
www.mysocalledhomeschoollife.com

Debbie said...

Thanks Heather for joining me...I love the camera...I know I said that already...that is my focus here I really like it:)

Erin@likegrandmas said...

Cool! That camera is really neat and love those little pieces:)

Eve said...

Yup, your daughter definitely has the eye!
Those little houses are so cute. I never took notice of them before sat on a shelf at the local charity shops here in town (England) but having them all together like that really looks great. Well done you guys.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails