Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{Recipe}Vegan Deep Dish Cookie Pie

My older daughter had her cheer squad pasta party and wanted to bring a dessert that she could eat=vegan and that the other girls would enjoy too. This chocolate chip cookie cake seemed to be the answer.
The recipe is from Chocolate Covered Katie and it looked and sounded amazing.
The ingredients :
2 cans of garbanzo beans/chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 cup  quick oats
3 T canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp  pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips

Rinse and drain the chick peas well.
Blend everything (except the chocolate chips) well in a food processor.  My food processor is pretty old so I processed the chickpeas first then added the remaining ingredients.
Keep processing until the 'batter' looks smooth and consistent.
Stir in the chocolate chips. This wasn't working too well in the food processor bowl so I poured it all out into another bowl for better stirring.
So, I had an extra bowl to wash..so what! I should have done this in the first place.
Learn from my mistakes, people!
Go ahead have a taste of that delicious batter..no raw eggs to worry about.
Pour into an oiled pan.  I used a 9 inch spring form.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan (if you can restrain yourself that long).
This is best, served warm.  Rich, gooey and chocolatey-delicious!
Happy Valentine's Day! 
Go make this for someone you love (including yourself).

Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

April Lou said...

Very cool! I so want to make these now. This is my first visit to your blog.

Katie said...

This looks super yummy! I love chocolate chip cookie pies! They are my favorite!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh this looks good. Pinning it now! Thanks girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tiffany said...

This looks great! And it happens to be gluten free. I'm so going to mail this to my aunt! Thanks!
Tiffany

Deserae said...

It looks so delicious....I must try it now!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Valentine's Day!!!
~Des

dee dee said...

Oh how very very yummy!
I love anything chocolate chip!
Happy Valentine Day!
Dee Dee

Molly said...

Now my tummy is rumbling.

Mollyxxx

Love Of Quilts said...

Looks good! Happy Valentines Day!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

great blog, the yellow party was gorgeous and I love this recipe, it is hard to find vegan sweets!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails