Friday, December 9, 2011

{Holidays} Red & White Decor

A view of the family room from the kitchen when I was working on my Christmas cards.
Red and White is my theme again this year in the family room. My sweet thrifted Bombay & Co bowl is fitting in quite nicely on the new punchy runner from this Ikea trip.
I'm using two of the runners so they drape down on either side of my console.  The bowl is was full of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses.  Have you tried them? ohmygoshsogood!
Here's the mantel earlier in the week (I added something to it last night). 
It's pretty identical to last year's mantel.
{last year's mantel}
This is the little project I whipped up last night..the mini NOEL banner. I used some gift tags from Ikea and sticker letters from this project attached to some cotton string and hung on the frame.  I realize I have double NOEL up there now (also on the stocking holders) but I'm OK with that.
 Some close ups of the rest of the mantel... the red lanterns are from Ikea (last year).
I use a mix of real and flame less candles (on timers).
 A cute little Santa peg board with a tiny pair of mittens hanging from it. This hangs on a wall in the family room leading into the kitchen.
 Some close ups of the console table.
I popped our initial balls in this little urn on a bed of moss for a little contrast.
 The other side of the console table.

 Here's a little Christmas conversation starter game.
 The jars are filled with Styrofoam balls and I put a Styrofoam tree under the cloche as well as out in front of the display.
 I'm carrying the red and white color scheme into the kitchen a little with these new red printed bottles from Ikea.
 They match a lot of the accessories that I bought last year at Ikea, I just couldn't resist them.
Now I'm so glad I made that Ikea trip back in October.
We also have some touches of red and white outside.
 I've had this little chalet on the front porch from Target for quite a few years (and just saw it on the show Suburgatory last night!).
 Our sled and ice skates are embellished with pine, holly and a big bow.
We finally added wreaths to every window with red bows.  I've been wanting to do that for a long time and we made it happen this year!  I love it!
Have a wonderful weekend...are you done your shopping, just getting started?
one year ago...Photography Class

Linking up with:
Holiday Homes
Create & Inspire
Weekend Wrap Up
Seasonal Sundays
Tabletop Tuesday
Pin It

7 comments:

chrissy said...

do not even get me started on those candy cane kisses! sooooo good! your vignettes are beautiful. you have real talent.

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Candy cane kisses...oh my they sound really good!!! Looks like you have found lots of goodies at one of my favorite places...IKEA!!! The wreaths look GREAT!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Bienvenue chez French Girl in Seattle... said...

Bonjour! So happy I found your blog. Even though I enjoyed all the photos in this post, two details caught my attention and made me feel like becoming your most recent follower: Your banner ("Adventures in Imperfect Domesticity") -- I can relate! -- Your family's Christmas card -- Modern Family is our favorite show -- To answer your question, oui, it is prize-worthy. I will be back soon to browse your site some more. Feel free to visit me chez French Girl, especially if you are interested in reading about France and French culture. A bientot. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Mama Hen said...

This is so cozy! I love it! Those candy cane kisses are something I look forward to every year. I went through a whole bag in a short time when they first came out in November. Your decorations are wonderful! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Life in Rehab said...

Gorgeous, Heather! I especially love the wreaths on each window. Your house is just so festive and bright.

Cindy said...

Beautiful Christmas vignettes everywhere!!! I love the jars and cloches grouped together and the lettered balls in the urn too. Wonderful!

CJ said...

Great red and white theme, especially ooh-la-la fireplace, so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas. ~CJ

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails