Monday, June 21, 2010

Teacher Gifts- Part 2

For my daughter's primary teacher we did something a little different. You can see what we did for her support teacher here.

I found this pencil cup idea on Family Fun.com

                                                                                                Photo: Family Fun.com

I used a small plastic flower pot instead of an aluminum can.  This made it a little trickier to attach the photos to it.  We used her class picture and I copied it onto regular paper then we used a circle punch to cut out each child's picture. We had to enlarge the class picture by about 50 % so that the photos would be the right size for our circle cutter.  She mounted them on blue and yellow circles slightly larger than the photos and then attached them to the flower pot with scrapbook adhesive.  She made a little sign for the gift message out of card stock and we attached that too.
I covered the whole pot with clear contact paper.


We added all different writing instruments around the outside of the pot and then she made her signature paper flowers for the center.

We tied each one to a dry erase marker and put them in a plastic cup inside the pot that you can't see.




We also added a Barnes and Noble gift card and hand written thank you note.


Linking up with:
Transform Tuesday





Pin It

12 comments:

Yellow House said...

Very cute idea!!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a cute idea! Be blessed. Cindy

Life in Rehab said...

Teacher gifts...I still make them every Christmas. These are some cool ideas!

Kate said...

This is a great idea! I just know when my kiddos start school I'm going to need serious help in the Teacher Gift department. Thanks for stopping by Webster's Updates and commiserating on the beetle problem!

Eve said...

That is just too cute! I'm sure the teacher is going to love it! I know I would, so much detailed work has gone into it, and to include other childrens' pictures just screams kindness. Wonderful!

The Paper Mama said...

Oh, that's really sweet! Cute!

b.fox* said...

NEWEST follower from Paper Mamma. Would love for you to come check out my blog as well! I am a MOMMY (new mommy) to my son, Tristan & a photographer as well! OOOH! AND also... a SCRAPBOOKER! :) THANKS SO MUCH!

GOD BLESS!

Debbie said...

Very special Heather and useful. Some teacher gifts can be so not used...in fact I have seen some in garage sales still with their names on them. These are great and so thoughtful too.

Daphne said...

I love this idea! I am a teacher and would be very excited to receive this. I love good grading pens and mechanical pencils, so this would be very useful. Thanks for the idea...will have to remember it for my son's teacher this next year.

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

What a thoughtful gift. I teach pre-school and would love a gift like this. I love the flowers too. I like to make flowers out of paper napkins. I posted about them today actually. :)

Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday...sorry for the button not working. I have no idea what went wrong.

Leanne said...

Cute idea! Thanks for linking to the Point of View Linky Party.

Jonie Marie said...

I think any teacher would love to have this on their desk to remind them of their students. I love that you used photos!

Thanks for linking up to Point of View!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails