Thursday, June 10, 2010

{Recipe} How a 10 year old makes fried rice

This one loves fried rice and makes it often (by herself!-I'm just there to supervise)
You'll need some cooked rice, you can make some yourself or use the fully cooked kind. We like Trader Joe's brown rice.
Drizzle some olive oil to the pan and heat it up.
Now add in your vegetables. You can use whatever you have on hand or prefer. She started with some broccoli slaw and added in some red bell pepper.
Then some shredded carrots.
Some frozen corn sounded good, so in it went.
Then some leftover sugar snap peas. And I quote "the more colors you have, the healthier it is for you".
Next, make some room in the pan and crack an egg into it.
Scramble the egg.
Once the egg is scrambled, combine it with the vegetables.
Add in the cooked rice, she uses about half a package.
Add in some soy sauce.
And some toasted sesame oil if you like (we could have used that instead of olive oil, but we forgot about it until right then).  It adds a nice flavor to the dish.
Now it's ready to enjoy! This makes a few servings.
Try some today!


Blogger Templates





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Pin It

22 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Sounds delicious, healthy and simple. Good recipe!

Sheila said...

I definitely plan on trying this!!! Thanks for sharing. So, has she thought about culinary arts???

beingzaraandzidan said...

Oh wow! U make it sound so easy. thanx for sharing. It sure looks yummy!

Natasha said...

You daughter reminds me of my daughter! She loved to cook too and her meals always look as delicious as this yummy dish! I love fried rice and I am so impressed that it was made lovingly by your sweet daughter.

I love your blog and I can't wait to follow you!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Natasha said...

I hadn't quite finished checking my comment and somehow it published...I wanted to say follow your daughter's cooking adventures!

BTW,she might like to have a look at my daughter's blog? Here is the link:

http://maddyssweetlife.blogspot.com/

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Debbie said...

This is awesome Heather....I have to show my son this...he took home ec this year and loved it...he makes us pancakes on Sundays oh are they good. Thanks for joining in....I did not even realize my little sign says bake sales, etc....he he...I am so glad it does though...I get to see some yummy recipes.

Eve said...

Brilliant! What a simple and wonderfully tasty looking dish. I'm never good with rice and might give this a go! You have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful blog.

I'm happy to be here!!

Heather said...

Love this, Heather:) especially love the one pan technique! Yum.

Debbie said...

Hi Heather, I wanted to let you know you can make that button smaller...all you do is when you are in the gadgets...click on the picture and you will see all the little squares around it, just drag them and it makes it smaller, I am sure you do not want that big of a display:)

Debbie said...

And also you can directly link it, all you do is hit the link and add my url....and save it will work that way too....

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Debbie thanks for the tips!

Yellow House said...

She is darling! I'll bet she loved the photo shoot and the food looks great!

The Paper Mama said...

Oh, she is so good! Fried rice was always a fave of mine... but, I've never liked cooking. Good thing I married a guy that LOVES to cook! Yes!

Linda said...

Hi Heather~ thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments! This fried rice looks wonderful~ Your daughter looks like a great cook!

Charlotte said...

Looks delicious but what does this have to do with garage sales?

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Charlotte,
It was after a fruitless day of garage sale-ing so I had nothing to show for it. Deb didn't mind either (her button says bake sales too and someone else had posted a recipe as well). :) Thanks for stopping over!!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Yum! She's quite the little chef...and I love that she knows that colorful=healthy!

Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

Jingle said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/06/jingles-june-follower-awards-week-1.html

Happy June!

Jingle said...

it looks delicious.
love to try a share, smiles!

Victoria said...

Mmmmm, that looks yummy! And easy to make too:)

Heather said...

Love tasty & easy to be combined. Looks like it fits the bill, thanks! :) Please come link up at our Fabulous Friday linky party on our blog! It closes Monday night.
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Jennie said...

My kid asked for THIRDS. I used diced ham, scallions, carrots, and broccoli, and added oyster sauce. Will definitely make again! Thanks!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails