Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More Thrifty Fun

Here are my latest Goodwill finds.

 I turned the frosted jar into a solar jar here.  I love the little pottery pitcher and I tend to gravitate to them and use them for everything from flower vases to creamers.  My daughter snagged this tiny silver heart shaped jewelry box for just forty seven cents. All it needed was a little silver polish.  I also found this tray and with a little elbow grease and a lot of polish, it's looking much better and is currently sitting on my dining room table.

I hit up another thrift store later and found a few more items for whopping total of two dollars and twenty four cents.
The patriotic picture replaced another piece of art in our powder room for the summer holidays.
The basket is perfect for two little flower pots on our porch.
I haven't done anything with the green metal wall pocket but I think it needs a coat of spray paint. Have you found any fun thrifty finds lately?


Blogger Templates
Linking up with:
Fabulous Friday Finds @

Pin It

14 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

I'm headed out thrifting with the Giggle Gaggle (Savannah and Company) on Saturday. We'll see if I'm as lucky as you! Great finds.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

The Giggle Gaggle! That's great! I've got two of them!!! Cute. I'm sure you'll do great with your thrifting!

Eve said...

Oh my goodness, I love that dining room table center piece, and with the red table runner it looks sooooo pretty!

I'm hoping to do a living/dining room makeover with lots of red splashes around. But I don't have a clue what to do just yet.

McCarthy Designs said...

Great finds Heather. I love the basket with the flowers on your porch. It looks perfect there. xx

LDH said...

Hi Heather! What a sweet place you have here! I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed each one! Great teacher gift ideas!

Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your comment!

Kindly, ldh

Katrina said...

I'm loving your finds!! They're beautiful.

Stopping over {and following!} from Friendly Friday. :)

Enjoy your week!

Lori said...

I love finding silver deals! Great tray. And loved your solar light too.

Debbie said...

Hi Heather....looks as though you had fun thrifting...even if only a few things the thrill of it and the bargoons you get are half the fun! I love the silver tray on the DR table. Thanks for joining in. Debbie

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds! I love the patriotic picture.

HollyC said...

Hi Heather...you're really good at finding the perfect little piece for your home. The tray is beautiful, but my fav is the 'solar light'. I haven't seen those before, but now I'm on a mission to have some for myself, lol! Thanks for sharing.
~Holly

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heather, I love the shape of that silver tray. Cute patriotic picture in the powder room. You certainly found some good deals.

Jennifer said...

cute finds!!!! Love the basket on your porch!!!

Keep on Junkin'
Jennifer

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from House of Grace party! Love those frosted jars I keep seeing made into solar lights. I really like the tray too.

Ashley said...

Those ideas are great. Thanks so much for linking with 6 Inches of Ribbon. come back this friday to link again!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails