Thursday, June 24, 2010

Outdoor Spaces-The Deck

Meet our deck.  We can't take credit for designing or building it because it came with our house and the previous owners had proudly built it themselves.   It was definitely a selling feature when we were looking at the house. (pictured here when we first saw the house)
 Our deck has three zones. The upper deck which was the original builder's deck off of the family room.
.

Then you step down to the lower deck where we have a cozy chiminea, another table and chairs and our hot tub.

This is the view from the lower deck to the upper deck.

I love my brick red umbrella with solar lighting.

Some of my flowers. The polka dot plant is my favorite.

This is the 'tree house' area of the deck.   You cross a little bridge from the lower deck to get there.I'm getting some new cushion covers made so the furniture is waiting for them to arrive.  We call it the tree house because you are literally up and out with the trees. It's elevated about 20 feet off of the ground.

This is the view out of the window (taken in early Spring).

Last week I hosted book club and got to decorate the deck for my guests. We moved our two square dining tables together on the upper portion of the deck.
I set up the lower hot tub area as the bar and used a candle chandy from our master bath.

I think it worked out nicely.


All ready for the group to come over!

Would you care to join us?
Here's our next book:


Linking up with:
New Friend FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Pin It

24 comments:

Sally Hamilton said...

Is your chiminea on a wooden deck? I've hesitated to put my chiminea on my deck for fear of the fire hazard, however I would get so much more use out of it if it were on my deck ... Your deck is lovely.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Yes we're extremely cautious with it. We make small fires and have a fireproof mat under it.

Thanks for stopping over!

Life in Rehab said...

That's it. Officially, I want your life.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sunny! You crack me up!!

Thanks!!!!!

Eve said...

This is so nice, I love, love, love the tree house deck!! You can do sooo much with it, so many different looks. Awesome!!

Yellow House said...

I would love to drink wine and read books on your deck! Jealous of all that wonderful outdoor space!

The Mommy said...

It really is a big selling point! I love it:)

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow! what beautiful pics. I wanna be there rite now
Btw, wanted to tell u, i am leaving for a long vacation (like 2 months). I am not sure if i am gonna update my blog. U know how vacations are. But will def visit u once in a while. But i will def try to post something. Till then take care & keep blogging.

AngelEden said...

Hi,

what a great site. I'm following you now from Welcome Wednesday (a bit belated lol). Please follow me back

Abi
www.angeleden.blogspot.com

cupcake_queen said...

Beautiful deck!!
I'm in a book club too, we are currently reading P.S I Love You.

oh I found your blog on Trendy Tree House's New Friend Fridays.

xo. Sarah

CJ {Pink Tea} said...

I am in love with your deck, particularly the tree house. What an amazing set-up? And so many beautiful green trees around you. I can only imagine how nice it was for your book club.

Visiting from new friend friday.

Java said...

Your deck looks so peaceful and relaxing!

Thanks for following along with me on our vacation! I had a polish ice for ya!! :)

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Your deck is so dreamy!!! What a wonderful space.

Lindalou said...

What a sanctuary. Oh...and what a lovely set up for your book club.

Next book, I read Shell Seekers years ago. I a big fan of Rosamunde. She does such a great job describing food and eating in her books, which is just something I love in books or movies.

Mel said...

What a beautiful space. let me know when I can come down to visit and share that wine with you. :)

I read the shell seekers years ago and it's worth a revisit. I love all of her stories.

Inspired by you said...

It is lovely. What I wouldn't do to have a deck like that!

Susan said...

What a gorgeous deck! Great job. Susan

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Now this is a gorgeous deck! You are amazingly talented!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness. I love that deck! Gary keeps saying he doesn't want one. Every other neighbor has one. Oh well. Maybe someday I can talk him into it : )

Linda said...

You have a wonderful yard. I don't think I'd ever want to go inside!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

You have a beautiful deck and yard. I love landscape with mature trees like yours. They add a lovely backdrop to the garden.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

BPOTW said...

What an awesome place to sit and read a while!

Bliss said...

I prefer the Barefoot Moscato. Just wanted you to know in case I stop over for a beverage.

~Bliss~

Angelina Garcia said...

Wow, you’re very lucky to have a unique deck! It’s been more than two years since you shared this, so I’m wondering how it’s doing today. Maintaining a deck such as yours can be hard mainly because it’s spacious. But I’m sure every penny spent into keeping it to tip top shape is worth it.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails