Friday, February 19, 2016

{Recipe} Cheatin' Overnight Oats

I've been having this breakfast on repeat lately.  I usually make up a batch of these Simple Steel Cut Oats every week and keep them in the fridge to heat up in the mornings as needed.  But lately I've been wanting overnight-type oats so I came up with my own version.

To make: Put some cold cooked oatmeal into a wide mouthed Mason jar (or bowl). Add some almond milk (or sub milk of choice) and stir. Add 1-2 TBS of chia seeds and stir to combine. Let sit for about 10 minutes so chia seeds can absorb the liquid. You can let this sit longer if you like. Go about your day and think about your toppings.
 After about 10 minutes or so, give it another stir and start adding your toppings. I like to add a drizzle of maple syrup, lots of cinnamon and some sunflower seed butter and then give it another stir. Add fruit of choice to the top -bananas have been my go-to lately. Then it's more cinnamon and some hemp seeds on top. Dig in and enjoy!
This day I also added some defrosted frozen mango and coconut flakes. Yum!  Other mix-ins/toppings are: nut butters, nuts, sunflower seeds, granola, chocolate chips,brown sugar and agave or honey. Go to town!


Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Creative Mondays
Inspire Me Tuesday

Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I do this all the time, yum!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love the addition of the mango and coconut flakes !!!! Yum! This recipe is great, thanks for sharing!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, this oatmeal recipe looks so good and I like that you can add anything you like to it. You could probably have this for a dessert too. TFS I pinned the recipe. Have a nice day and weekend sweetie! :0)

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I so wish I liked oatmeal! I tried to add cinnamon and honey, but it didn't work :( My girls loved oatmeal though and your recipe would have been great for those busy mornings!

Ida said...

I've never been a fan of oatmeal (other than in cookies) so this probably wouldn't be something I would try. It's good that you enjoy it though.

Carla from The River said...

Hi-
Yummy, this is such a great idea. My guys love oatmeal and fruit. What I like is this is perfect for a busy morning.
Carla

Clairejustine oxox said...

This looks great, yummy. I would love to try some :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails