Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blizzard of 2016 - "Jonas"

A few weeks ago we had our first snow event of 2016 and it was a doozy.  Winter Storm Jonas aka The Blizzard of 2016 was coming in hard. The good things were that we had plenty of time to prepare for it and it was going to hit us over the weekend.
We stocked up on food and other necessities, like fire wood, flashlights, movies and WINE!
I don't know what it is about snow days that makes us want to bake but Miss High School went right to it on Saturday morning with these Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.
This was about halfway through the storm (18 inches).  I was off of shoveling duty because of this and Mr. Click and Miss High School went out twice to shovel. I didn't take many snow photos either because I just wasn't out in it, I didn't want to slip and hurt my wrist more.
I did make soup for the cold and hungry shovelers (this one is no-chicken orzo with chickpeas).
We made sushi one night because we happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. Tutorial is coming soon.
The icicles were crazy the day after the storm.
I made more soup (Potato-Cauliflower Chowder) and MHS made coconut oil biscuits.
We ended up having two snow days and by the second snow day's afternoon cabin fever was setting in so we went to yoga and then to lunch at Zoe's Kitchen. I had the hummus salad and she had the veggie kabobs. Both are so good.   It was a pretty perfect snowstorm, as snowstorms go!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Wednesday Blog Hop
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather sounds like you enjoyed the snow days and you all made such nice food!

Tamar SB said...

You had a tasty blizzard!!
Have you seen the soup add where the mom grabs more wine? Love it!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love sushi. Looks like you did have some cold weather! Well I will be leaving Fla bright and early in the morning with the temps being pretty low only to arrive where it will be 95 degrees and humid! WOW! Hard to fathom that! YEP, will want the recipe the sushi. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Becky said...

I love a good snow storm! This looks like a great one. We have had a super mild winter this year.

Love Of Quilts said...

We have had one day of flurry's. Would be nice to see a good snow, course I can say that I don't have to get out in it. Sounds like you ate well while all the snowing was going on. lol

Bliss said...

I want to go to your house for the next big snowfall, you eat darn good there!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You guys were slammed! I did give you time to eat some delicious food! I need to grab those vegan butter chocolate chip muffins!

Morgan said...

Looks like you guys had the perfect recipe for some cozy, indoor family time! Your daughter baked some really tasty-looking muffins. :) And your soup looks so good too! I love to eat soup when it's cold or snowing. It's good you didn't risk hurting your wrist more by shoveling snow!

Carla from The River said...

Fun! A perfect way to celebrate Jonas. ;-) My son Sam's best friend is named Jonas, so we got a kick out of that for the big storm.
Carla

Dawn Gross said...

That was a doozy wasn't it!? We had 31" total. Thankful for three young men/teenagers who helped Bill with shoveling duty. Sounds like you made good use of your time inside!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails