Thursday, September 10, 2015

{Recipe} Steel Cut Oats Simplified

Steel cut oats always intimidated me with their cooking instructions.  
 But no more! I stumbled upon a method of making them that is so easy..I just had to share.
Step 1) Add 1 cup of steel cut oats to a large pot (for 4 servings).
 Step 2) Add 2 1/2- 3 cups of water to the oats
 Step 3) Place pot on stove and bring to a boil
 Step 4) Once the oats/water comes to a boil. Turn off the heat, put a lid on the pot and leave it on the stove.
 Step 5) Walk away for about 45 minutes or so and when you come back, you'll have a big pot of steel cut oats!
 I store mine in the fridge in a container for the week.
 When I want some oatmeal, I scoop 1/2 cup out and add a little water. I microwave it for about 2 minutes (with wax paper on top) and...
 I've got a steaming bowl of steel cut oats!
Then I add my toppings. My favorites are cinnamon, agave, almond butter, fruit and chia seeds.
Super simple!
Do you like oatmeal? What's your favorite way to eat it?
Other oatmeal recipes:

Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

WE LOVE Steel Cut Oats! I'm so glad you posted this because so many people have a hard time making them and think they take forever! We love ours with strawberries, blueberries and chia seeds too! SO good! I have to try them with almond butter though, that sounds AMAZING! I'm hungry! :)

Tamar SB said...

I love steel cut oats!! Its my favorite weekend breakfast!

Carla from The River said...

I have always had the same trouble, feeling it takes too long. I appreciate this - Thank You! Carla

Love Of Quilts said...

I have never has these. I have tried to eat oats. have never liked them.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
I love this recipe for steel cut oats and it looks so easy. It's a nice breakfast to have when the weather gets cooler.
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J this week.
Julie xo

Jessica Pelasky said...

I love steel cut oats! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails