Thursday, February 4, 2016

{Get Thrifty} Thursday

I haven't had a Thrifty Thursday post for you in awhile. I really haven't been thrifting much lately but we did have two thrifting adventures over the holiday break.
The first one was with my girls and we went to one of our favorite thrift stores and out to lunch to celebrate the beginning of break.  It's in a big old barn and it's so much fun to explore. There were quite a few vintage pieces in with the clothes and Miss High School fell for this prom dress.  It wasn't a good fit and had some staining on it so we had to pass.
I gave the photo a vintage look for Instagram.  The dressing room has it's own rustic, vintage vibe going on.
I found this funky 70's style top that must have been a dress in another life because College Girl pointed out that it had no hem(but it did have a tag so we know it wasn't home sewn).   I decided to go for it but I still haven't had a chance to wear it. I see a 70's party in my future!
Our other thrifting adventure was to The Resource Exchange in Philly. We've been there before(you can check out our trip here) and it is always an adventure.
No, I didn't buy this Rocky painting that was featured in the movie "Creed" but I thought it was pretty amazing. Also not for sale.  womp womp womp!  
I did buy a few little ditties...a piece of parquet flooring for food photography, two red gingham tablecloths and some old sheet music.  "Love Walked In" is on our piano right now for Valentine's Day.  This place never disappoints, there is always so much to look at.
I snapped this graffiti shot outside of the store when we were leaving.
We also went to dinner at The Memphis Taproom and I was able to grab a quick pic of MHS outside before we went in.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That rocky painting!! Too great.

Tamar SB said...

That Rocky painting! Too much!

Carla from The River said...

Fun! Fun!
Looking forward to that 70's party. :-))

lindalou said...

Looks like a fun time. That prom dress was fun...too bad it didn't fit better.

Becky said...

Love the prom dress, too bad it didn't work out, but I'm SO glad you ended up getting the 70's shirt!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE IT!!! Definetly a pretty dress on Miss High School, too bad it was stained! I LOVE the 70s and think you should totally host that party soon! xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails