Friday, May 10, 2013

Decorating the Piano

As much as I loved our former baby grand piano, it took up a lot of room and couldn't hold a tune (kinda like me!).   Getting an upright piano gave me another surface to decorate.
It's been a lot of trial and error with what to put on it.
At Christmas time we had our 'Flock of Starbucks Cup Angels', which I loved. They fit the musical and  holiday theme of the season.
After the holidays, I went with a more neutral staging of black and white and added a thrifted piece of fabric from this trip to protect the top of the piano.
It was ok but I wasn't loving it.
For Valentine's Day I went all out, adding lots of red accents and a twig garland with red lights. 
It was a little much and my daughter told me that she kept worrying that things would fall off on to her while while she was playing. 
(I hadn't thought of the actual playing of the piano).
This was the Spring/St. Patrick's Day set up. I found a black runner with white embroidery (from HomeGoods) for the top which I like a lot better than the fabric remnant.
I used one of my daughter's paintings, an Irish coffee table book (from our trip to Ireland) plus some touches of green and black.
 Now I'm keeping it simple with this cute pair of elephants that were on clearance at Target. Their high gloss finish goes well with the mirror's.
 A few touches of silver remain but I'm trying not to overdo it.
I'm sure I'll be switching it up again soon...summer is coming!


Linking up with:
Creative Corner Hop
Clever Chicks
Wow Us Wednesday

Pin It

5 comments:

Jules said...

I love everything that you did...especially Valentine's Day! I think that all of the red is perfect. But my favorite has to be that black morror...it is beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Bliss said...

Every time I see a piano in a house I think how my daughter would love that. Ours is in the garage, decorated with tools, rags, and empty cans.
Bliss

Dawn said...

Wow! Valentines Day was my favorite!

Mama Hen said...

I love this post! You are so creative! Happy Mother's Day my friend! I hope you have a fanatastic day!

Mama Hen

Katie said...

I love how you decorated on the piano! That is one of my favorite spaces to decorate at my parents' house, but no one plays it, so we can pile things on there!

I really love everything, but my favorite is the Christmas angels. They go so perfectly with the piano!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails