Thursday, May 30, 2013

{Scrapbooking} Some of my Favorite Layouts


I was organizing my scrapbooks recently and looking back, I had some fun layouts. Nowadays, I'm not as creative {sigh} and I'm behind on my albums so I'm always in a rush when I'm doing them.
Here's one that I'm particularly proud of.  My husband earned an incentive trip to Hawaii in 2001. It was our first "President's Club" trip and what a trip it was!  We stayed on the Big Island and I cut out the shape of the island for my layout. 
Sorry about the blurry pictures, I took the page protectors off but they still didn't photograph well.
For that trip I also used a postcard format for my journaling.
I still can't believe we did this! We went on a waterfall hike as one of our excursions. I had to take three photos of the largest one we saw (on the right) and stack them together to see the full effect of it.  In the top left photo --that's us standing under the waterfall. Well sort of, the trail was very narrow and made of very slippery rock that plummeted 300 feet so I was scared to death.  We stood under at the edge while the guide snapped our picture and got right back out.  Yes, we signed some serious waivers for this trip!
I've thought about doing an all-Disney album but then I'd feel like I'd still have to do a few pages in our  chronological albums so the Disney album hasn't happened yet. It would be pretty big and probably more than one album at this point.  This layout is from out trip in May 2002..look how little the girls were!
I was pretty proud of myself with this layout because I used some animal print paper for our visit to Animal Kingdom. Fancy, right?
Did you know there's a barber shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom?  It's a great place to get your child's first haircut.  We didn't get Miss Middle School's hair cut but they styled it for her with a cute French braid and lots of pixie dust.  It was such a special memory. She even got a pair of Mickey ears commemorating the event!
Here's another page from that trip when we went to dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. Do you see hubby's large soda, that's because he asked for Pepsi and they only serve Coke products in Disney.  See what happens when you ask for catsup!
Here's another fun meal at Chef Mickey at the Contemporary.  There were double Minnies!
Finally, here's a page that I love from a trip to the beach. I used a sandy colored page, black and white photos and just a few touches of blue...I think it made the black and white photos stand out. Do you see that uber creative "O" I made??  It's a beach ball in case you are wondering. :)

Linking up with:
Thursday Favorite Things
Blog Stalking Thursday

Pin It

5 comments:

mail4rosey said...

I love scrapbooking, it's a wonderful way to preserve priceless memories!

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Great memories, Heather! I especially like the island cut-out for Hawaii. I scrap-booked for several years, and now we just make photo books for each year. Where does the time go??

Katie said...

I loved seeing all of your layouts! They are all so great!

The island cut out + the post card journaling are awesome. I definitely see those ideas making an appearance in my honeymoon album!

That waterfall is stunning! I can't believe you guys went under there! How cool!

The pictures from Disney are fabulous! I love how Miss Middle School got her hair done, the girls look so young! I also want to ask for catsup in Disney now, just to see what happens. I also want to ask for Pepsi and get the biggest soda ever :)

The Ocean City page is fabulous too. It really captures the Jersey Shore - that beach ball O is too cute!

storybeader said...

gosh, what a thick scrapbook! They are fabulous photos and I know you'll treasure them forever. Neat idea with the B&W at the beach! {:-Deb

Jules said...

Your layouts are beautiful!!!! I love seeing all the Disney layouts. I have a Disney album on my to do list for this year....we did a Disney Cruise in 2005 and I am determined to get the album done for Zachary. Still debating on whether to do in a traditional scrapbook format or Project Life style. I hope you will keep sharing your layouts - I love yor style!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails