Tuesday, May 14, 2013

{Entertaining} Scenes from a Book Club

I hosted book club last week.
This is the book we read.
If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!
 I tried to stick with the themes of the book a little with my decor and food.
 The blue gift box and red jelly beans are both from the book.
(I don't want to give anything away so you'll just have to take my word for it)
Wine is always a must a book club.
{at least at ours!}
 

My sister gave me these fun napkins, I thought they were perfect for our group.
Chicken Frito Pie is also from the book but I made a vegetarian version.
Recipe to come!
I think everyone brought a bottle of wine to share.
Here we are discussing the book after digging into the food and drink.
It's always a fun night.

Are you in a book club?
Any book recommendations for us? 
We need a new one.


Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Weekend Wonders
Remodelaholics Anonymous
Pin It

9 comments:

Jules said...

This looks like such a fun evening and I have heard a lot of good things about the book. Wish we lived close :(

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

I want to be in your book club *hic*

I am currently reading The Glass Castle which is from 2006. It's pretty good so far.

Nilu A said...

Lovely clicks.. Bleak House by Charles Dickens.. I'm sure you will love it.. I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

Bliss said...

My BFF is in a book club, I always ask what they are reading and then wait for her to say she loved it. She hasn't loved the last ones whatever they were, and they just have dessert or appetizer. I wanna come to yours!

Bliss

Jenny said...

This looks like so much fun!

And I love the idea of vegetarian frito pie. I'm going to google that recipe!

I liked this book, a lot, although I didn't like the fact that I couldn't put it down.

I need to find another book club to join.

I haven't been in one in five or six years!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Katie said...

This looks like so much fun! I love that you match your food and theme to the book.

I did that once - we read 50 Shades, so I made slutty brownies. Really, it was just an excuse to make slutty brownies ;)

I really love those napkins! They are too funny!

Michelle said...

I love this it looks great and yes wine is definatley a must for book club! For my book club meet ups we go to a restaurant or tapas type bar and chat about the book. We havent done it at anyones home yet, but I think it would be a nice change :)
This month was my book club pick and I chose Before I go to sleep by S J Watson its a bit of a thriller and suspense type book and Im really enjoying it and think it will raise some great discussions.

Karen said...

Looks awesome! Of COURSE I am in a book club...haha! I can give you a list of books we've read. Some that generated great discussions: Every Last One by Anna Quindlen, Home Front by Kristin Hannah, and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I think the food and wine are the most important part of our meetings :)

The Thriftiness Miss said...

How fun! I've been wanting to join book club for years but it's never seemed to work out. Looks like you guys had a great time :) Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails