Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Day Mantel and Decor

The mantel got a little V-Day update.
I was ready to bring more color back.
I wanted to add more pinks in with the reds and whites this year. I used what I had and only purchased a few new things like the little red bucket with the sparkly heart cut out (from Joanne's).
I think I got these little milk bottles from the dollar store a few years ago.
I found some red mercury glass candle holders on clearance at Target and was rearranging them when--
One down! Boo!!
I added some pink ribbon to the burlap around the flameless candles.
I found this "Bless Your Heart" block at the supermarket.
I've been tweaking the mantel but I think I'm finally settled on this arrangement.
The angel brackets even kind of look like cupids this time of year.
 I have a new mantel type area to decorate now too.
It's the top of the piano. 
Fun!
You can find the alphabet printable here.
 The dining room got a little love too, similar to what I did in there last year.
I was inspired here to decorate mason jars with doilies, hearts and ribbons.
 I had to get some flowers to fill those mason jars
They are making me quite happy!
Free eye chart printable here.
Of course I've got my Conversation Heart Wreath up again this year too.


Pin It

13 comments:

Jules said...

Heather, I love all of your Valentine decorating....LOVE is definitely in the air! Kind of sad that I am not putting anything up this year, but I am crossing my fingers that I have some kind of mantel to decorate in the new place. Have a wonderful day!

Shannon said...

Love your mantel decorations...wish I had one. We're actually moving in a few weeks so my house looks ridiculously bare right now (already moved several truckloads to the new place and almost everything else non-essential is packed up already). Been following your blog for awhile now btw - think this might be my first time commenting!

Katie said...

The mantle looks gorgeous with the touches of red and pink with the white! I think those milk bottles are my favorite part. Dollar store finds are so wonderful!

Also - totally see the angel-cupid connection :)

The top of the piano is stunning! So perfect for Valentine's Day!

Your candy wreath is so cool. I wish I could make one this year - but no adding to the decor while packing!

Bliss said...

If I made an edible wreath I am quite sure each day a few more of the candies would be missing!

Bliss

Katherines Corner said...

you have some lovely valentine decorations!!! love the wreath. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

MyJourneyBack said...

You have inspired. I shared a few ideas today to. Ideas only nothing so far. I enjoyed visiting from Katherines Corner. Come by and see my list of ideas.
Have a wonderful evening.
Sherry

Kathie said...

Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

Kathie

The Tablescaper said...

Love your mantel. Everything looks great. Awesome conversation wreath heart.

Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Terri said...

Oh my! What beautiful Valentine decorations! You have done a lovely job setting the mood!
I love all the candles and that amazing heart wreath!
Happy Valentine's Day,
Terri
visiting from Decor to Adores party!

twopurplecouches.com said...

Great Valentine's decor! I especially love your "be mine" garland and mason jar vases. And I found the same red mercury glass on clearance at Target!! Mine are still intact... hopefully they stay that way!

Melanie @ Mailbox Journey said...

It all looks amazing! Great job & Happy Valentine's Day!

Morgan said...

I am so late to this, but I love all your V-day decorations! Your house looks so cute and cozy. :) That garland is so cute.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your house is FULL of love! I adore the top of the piano. I am so sorry for the loss of the red mercury. :(

You are a gal after my own heart! Thank you SO very much for linky up and sharing this Valentine goodness.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails