Wednesday, May 8, 2013

TV Binge-worthy Shows

Have you ever heard of the term television show binge watching? 
I hadn't, until I read an article in Entertainment Weekly about the term.
It's watching a series in its entirety, usually all at once.
Now with VOD (video on demand) and services like Amazon Prime and Netflix, we can do just that.
Here are some shows that I think are worthy of a good binge.
Friday Night Lights
Hands down, my favorite binge worthy show is Friday Night Lights. I never saw this when it was on the air but heard so many people recommend it that I had to try it.
We fell hard for this show and I'd watch it all again. You don't even have to like football, I promise.

LOST
I did watch this while was on the air and loved it but was left feeling confused and sad when it was over.  I watched it all again with Miss Middle School over recently this past fall/winter and kept remembering what a great show it was.  I was still sad and confused when it was over, but a little less so.
Arrested Development
This is a very quirky comedy that gets funnier the more you watch it.
I can't wait for it to return to Netflix on May 26th!

Modern Family
Another clever comedy that my whole family loves.

Sons of Anarchy
source
Howard Stern described this show as a filthy, dirty, little soap opera and that it is. This one is for the adults and is very intense, but so good.

Psyche
I've waxed poetic about this show recently and now we are all caught up (except for this season's weekly shows) which is kind of depressing.....
Onto the next show I guess, which is ..

Alias
source
We've heard good things about it so we're giving it a try.
 We're only on Season 1/Episode 2.

Do you have any shows that you've binged on?
Any recommendations for us?


Linking up with:
Whatever Wednesday
Pin It

9 comments:

Debbiedoo's said...

Never heard that term either LOL...I am not a TV binge. The only show I ever watch in it's entirety is big brother, and that is only on once or twice a year I believe.

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

I haven't watched any of those shows, but when I need to just veg and watch an entire series at once (lol), I'll keep them in mind.

I don't watch a lot of tv, but just love Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I recently binged on "Parenthood". Seasons 1-4 are available instantly on Netflix. I'll give Friday Night Lights a try. Thanks! :)

loveolympiajune said...

Love the title of your blog! We haven't had the chance to watch too many tv shows now that we have little ones under the age of 2...but when I get the chance, I love to watch The Voice!

~Stephanie @loveolympiajune.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Oh my goodness....you and I would so get along IRL....hello Friday Night Lights and Sons of Anarchy!! This weekend when I should have been organizing the garage I watched Season 1 of Homeland. Have you seen it? I am betting you would love it!

Dawn said...

Modern Family is great but I never remember to watch. My oldest son is hooked on Sons.

Cherished Handmade Treasures said...

You have a great list of shows. I love Friday Night Lights. :) Thanks for linking up to the Whatever Wednesday Linky Party.

Sandy
Cherished Handmade Treasures

Katie said...

I TV-binge watch all the time!

Friday Night Lights was a favorite at my house. And Modern Family is a staple around here too!

Right now, we are binge watching Mad About You (I own seasons 1-4, but AJ'd never seen them before!)

We are also planning on binge watching West Wing soon. I watched it when it aired, but AJ has never seen it either.

And he's all about MacGyver on the netflix!

Bliss said...

OK, now I want to watch them all just because you said so. How long shall I block out on my calendar for each series?

Bliss

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails