Friday, May 3, 2013

{Pinned} Cucumber Snack

I have seen this cucumber snack pinned all over Pinterest.
The original pinner  wrote "Cucumber,olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili powder on top. So addicted to these!"
It was one of those pins that only leads to a photo, no recipe. Bummer.
I searched around for a recipe and couldn't find any exact measurements so I thought I'd wing it on my own.
 Peel and slice your cucumbers (I used three).
 Juice 1 medium lemon.
 Add olive oil (I added 2 tsp). Mix lemon juice and olive oil together. Pour over cucumbers in a large (enough) container.
 Add seasonings to taste (salt, pepper and chili powder).
Stir together and refrigerate.
The longer they sit, the juicier they get but don't let them sit too long or they get soggy.
They were good but pretty sour. I probably could have used less lemon juice/more olive oil.
Pin It

10 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

This could be good. I love cucumbers! I may have to consider trying your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Jim said...

I like cucumbers. Sometimes they don't like me but the burpless kind are nicer on me.

Pinterest is pretty neat but I don't do it. I did find someone who came to my blog via a 'pinny' who had stolen a Runza picture off my blog. Bummer.

I hope you have time to post a little "X" word for the 'Alpha.'
..

myfluffybunnies said...

Yum! Cucumbers are so, so delicious.

Dawn said...

Mmmmm cucumbers! I like them with Greek salad dressing and feta cheese!

Bliss said...

Well I must say your pretty slices are the bomb.

Bliss

Splendid Little Stars said...

mmm...this seems interesting!

Katie said...

This is a really cool looking recipe. I want to like cucumbers...but I really like them as a spa treatment more than an eating thing (I obviously meant food there...wow...I need more sleep!)

Maybe this recipe is what I need to get more into them.

Either way, your cucumber cutter makes really gorgeous slices!

Wanda said...

Thanks for this awesome recipe. I don't where I've been lately (nothing new) but I haven't seen this on Pinterest. I am pinning it now. Have a wonderful week! Wanda

Barbie Chiu said...

I love your blog. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

Yum! I love cucumbers! I recognize that fancy chopper- have the same one! laura

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails