Monday, March 26, 2012

{Recipe} Stuffed Zucchini Boats

These were hearty and delicious!
 I used a couple of different recipes and made up my own.  Cut your zucchinis in half and hollow them out.   Put them on a foil covered baking sheet.
 Chop up onion and red pepper.
 Get your ingredients together.  I used Trader Joe's beefless ground, marinara sauce, garlic, rice and cheeses.
Start with some olive oil in your pan.  Heat on medium.
 Saute the onions and pepper.
 Add the beefless ground to warm.
 Stir in the cooked brown rice.
 Add marinara sauce or diced tomatoes.
 Stuff the zucchinis with the beefless ground filling.
Sprinkle with cheese.  I used Daiya vegan cheese and nutritional yeast for the Vegan.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
Enjoy!!

one year ago...That was Then
two years ago...Radish Hashbrowns

Linking up with:

Pin It

12 comments:

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! said...

Ooooh, these look delicious! What a creative and healthy dish!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Heather, these look scrumptious! I grow scads of zucchini each summer... for some reason they love our garden!
I am always trying to find ways to cook them. Please join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly linky party... everyone will love this recipe!
Yvonne

Bliss said...

Yumm. I'm the lady on everyone's giveaway list for their bumper crop of zucchini.

~Bliss~

French Girl in Seattle said...

Excellent idea. It's only 7:00am in Seattle, and I was getting hungry just reading your recipe. The recipe looks easy enough. I will give it a try this week. Merci beaucoup! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Creations By Cindy said...

Can't wait to try this one! Making me hungry now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

dee dee said...

Yummy!
I've never heard of beefless ground and I'm curious what it is made of?
Dee dee

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for sharing the receipe...I am going to try this!

momto8 said...

thank you!!!! i have so much zucchini in the summer i love when i get new recipes!!

Katie said...

This looks great! I love zucchini, but I don't like ground beef, so I never make stuffed zucchini, I should try it this way, the next time I go to Trader Joe's!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oooo scrumptious! :) I'm always looking for more creative ways to use zucchini! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Sunny Vanilla said...

Those look amazing! It's a great way to get in a veggie for kids who don't usually like to eat their greens. I'm stopping by from the hop and following you along.

Hope you stop by too.

Take care,
Jen
sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

Life with Kaishon said...

That sounds delicious! You are a great cook!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails