Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{Getting Crafty} Pinned Spring Wreath

I haven't crafted in awhile and then I saw this cute Springy grass wreath on Pinterest from here and knew I had found my next project.
Here's my humble version.
To make it, you'll need an 8 inch Styrofoam wreath form, some fun fur yarn, flower trim and pearl tipped floral pins.
I couldn't find all green fun fur so I chose this one that had some blue running through it.
Tie the fun fur around the wreath form then start wrapping.  I wrapped the yarn close together and covered the whole wreath form.
I still had a lot left over so I wrapped it one more time, filling in any gaps.
I cut up the daisy trim so I had individual flowers.
Then take a florist pin (pearl tips are nice) and 
insert the pin through the daisy to attach to the wreath.
Sprinkle them around the wreath in a random fashion.
I had some ribbon left over from this party so I used that to hang my cute little wreath.



I haven't decided if I'll add the little flag like in the original. I kind of like it as is right now.
What are you working on?
one year ago...{Recipe} Beer Bread
Pin It

21 comments:

Bliss said...

That is cute. I couldn't guess that it was yarn. Simple too, definitely doable for Bliss!

Bliss

momto8 said...

that is soo pretty!

Katie said...

That is a great spring wreath! I love the yellow ribbon and the daisy!

I'm not sure if you need the flag...the daisies and the ribbon do speak for themselves.

But if you wanted one, maybe you can made some different ones, like "Happy Easter" and "Welcome Spring" and "Happy Mother's Day" and switch them out!

Mel said...

that's adorable!

Tiffany said...

Very cute wreath. I really need to be more crafty like you and get some decorations for each season.

dee dee said...

Heather,
What a wonderfully easy, creative and springy wreath! Love it!
dee dee

Debbiedoo's said...

This is adorable Heather! love it. I have a new url now. http://debbie-debbiedoos.com

Becca said...

Your version is anything but humble, Heather ... I LOVE it !! You did a fabulous job ... great tutorial, too !! Thanks for sharing.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love this wreath and looks so simple to make! Your version of the one you saw is AWESOME! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Yours turned out super cute too! I have had the one pinned since last year and love making Yarn Wreathes but sort of forgot all about it. Glad I found your post to remind me! Great job on it.

I hope you'll link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

ooh i love it! i have the same wreath pinned! maybe one day. i have been craft-lazy lately.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a lovely, springy wreath! I love this! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Michelle Paige said...

I love your version of the wreath! Would love to have you link up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

Stacey said...

Heather,
Adorable wreath! I really need to make one for my front door...inspiring!
Thanks for coming by to link up...I would love to have you back this week!
See you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change

p.s. - You should stop over to Southern Lovely's blog party happening now...it is a wreath party link-up and you could win prizes!

Serendipity and Spice said...

So cute! Nice trick with the pins.
Hope you'll stop by and link up: http://www.jillifyit.com/2012/03/party-5.html

Michelle Paige said...

Thanks again for linking up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party! I'm featuring your wreath today!
http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-wreaths.html

Crafty Mischief said...

So pretty! My daughter's name is Daisey. She would love one of these in her room all year long! Thanks for sharing!

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your project at Jillify It!

I hope you will come back again next Tuesday to share more of your creations!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

The Tablescaper said...

So cute!

- The Tablescaper

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Heather, your spring wreath is really nice and perfect with the cute flowers!
I hope you have a wonderful week and a Happy Easter.
Julie xo

Clairejustine oxox said...

This is beautiful Heather, love it :)

Thanks for linking up...

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails