Thursday, March 29, 2012

{Getting Crafty} Easter Egg Garland

When I was unpacking the Easter decorations this year I found a brand new bag of plastic eggs.
 I wasn't sure why I had bought them since we don't really "do" egg hunts here on Easter morning (sniffle) anymore.
Then I remembered that I had wanted to make an egg garland last year but had never gotten around to it. This bag of 42 eggs from Walmart was just the thing I needed.
The eggs had little holes in each end so they'd be perfect for making an easy Easter garland.
I strung them together on ribbon using a big needle. I had to do each side of the egg separately and then close the egg as I went.
The threading of the eggs went very quickly and before I knew it, I had this.
It was quite a long garland (being 42 eggs and all...)
The garland went right up on our dining room mirror with a little peak in the middle since it was so long.
In the mirror it looks like a double garland of eggs and it swags nicely.
Super easy, cheap and fun.
{that's what he said}

two years ago... Easter Yarn Maze  Another fun Easter idea!!
Linking up with:

Pin It

13 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Aww that's so cute! Must have been kinda tedious though ;p But worth the effort since it turned out so well :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Life with Kaishon said...

I love it : ) So springy! : ) Thanks for telling me about Chelsey's name. I kept thinking in my head it was wrong and I meant to check before I published the post but I did not. Thank you for helping me!

Debbiedoo's said...

How cute Heather...so colorful and easy too!

Bliss said...

Hey I think the eggs I got have holes too. I can do that. I have no egg hunters here either (although seriously if I hid them I bet even the 21 year old would look), however I do have two Grands who will hunt for a few at Gramma's!

~Bliss~

dee dee said...

Heather,
What a fun and cute idea!
dee dee

Cheryl said...

I love this idea! Very cute and easy!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Well if you're not the clever one. I love it. Now this is something even I could make, (maybe) I just am not really crafty. Love your vignette on the buffet also. Hugs, Marty

Katie said...

I love how Easter-y this is! Great tip on opening the eggs, then closing them after they are threaded. I feel like I'd keep getting the needle jammed in the middle if I tried to do it without opening!

Love Of Quilts said...

So nice and colorful, great idea.

Jenny said...

What a cute idea Heather! I love how festive and happy this is!

Sassy Sites! said...

Happy Monday! Your Easter eggs are included on my list of 101 Things to do with an Easter egg today! Come by and have a look!

http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2012/04/101-things-to-do-with-easter-egg.html

xoxo! Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Jessica said...

How neat is that?!?

I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you'd like, if you aren't one already.

Clairejustine oxox said...

What a great idea Heather, they look lovely :)

Have a lovely Easter, thanks for stopping by Creative Mondays

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails