Wednesday, March 7, 2012

{Recipe} No Bake Reese's Bars-Veganized!

Are you licking the screen?
I don't blame you, these things are as deliciously sinful as they look. I was inspired by Morgan to make these ever since I since I saw her post about them.  My recipe is slightly different and I made a vegan version of them.
The Vegan was having a small get together with friends for her birthday and it was a good time to try them out.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs 
1 pound of 10x sugar (3-3 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1 cup butter melted (I used Earth Balance margarine)
12 ounce bag of vegan chocolate chips

{Ariel puzzle optional}
I crushed my own graham crackers.  I use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and peanut butter. Mix Well.
{Under the Sea}
Blend in melted butter until well combined.
{Darlin' it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me}
Press mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 pan that's been lined with wax paper.
{I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty}
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
{I've got whozits and whatzitz galore}
Spread melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.
{You want thingamabobs, I've got twenty!}
Chill until set then cut into bars.  We broke ours into bars for a rustic look.
{But who cares? No big deal. I want more!}
They taste like Reeses peanut butter cups.
Maybe even better...
They were devoured at the party so I think we've got a winner here.
Is there a song(or two) stuck in your head?
You're welcome.

Linking up with:

Pin It

9 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Yes I am licking the screen. Those look so good.

Katie said...

Hahaha, well, I know what I will be singing for the rest of the day! These look amazing!!

Mel said...

really? these look delish, and vegan? wow.

Bliss said...

How do you keep your little devil horns from my view? Surely that bas#@r% sends you to make my butt larger.

~Bliss~

Melissa Maloney said...

Wow...I think I just drooled all over my laptop! Those look delicious and definitely going to try them.

Vally said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe! :-)

Sunshine Girl said...

Easy no bake treats are always good to have, these look delicious :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These are to die for! I love peanut butter; Reese's are my favorite. YUM!

Mal said...

These look so yummy!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails