Friday, March 2, 2012

St Patrick's Day Crafts,Recipes and Irish Recollections

Last year I really got into St. Patrick's Day here on the blog. 
I made some decorations for the house.
Like this IRISH banner that I made out of card stock and ribbon.
It hangs on the dining room mirror.
I got to break out the embossing gun. That was fun (and messy).
I also framed this free printable subway art.
I made this rustic LUCKY burlap banner for over the fireplace.
It's trimmed out in ribbon that I had for my Irish dancer.
Speaking of my Irish dancer, she made this great wreath for our front door.
She picked out all the supplies, designed and put it together herself.
She also baked these Irish soda bread muffins.
They've become a St. Patrick's Day tradition.
I found this authentic Irish mug at the thrift store
and this grassy basket that I filled with a free shamrock plant.
I also shared our amazing trip to the Emerald Isle with you.


We stayed in a castle.

Toured quaint villages...


Visited more castles..

and did lots of sight seeing, like this trip to The Cliffs of Moher (where I met Matt Lauer--who's sick of THAT story? not this girl)
So there's my collection of Irish related posts.  I hope you enjoy them.
Happy Friday!
one year ago...Overexposure?
Linking up with:
Pin It

18 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think I will make your Irish Soda Muffins for work. I can have one and it is only 6 points.

Creations By Cindy said...

Enjoyed looking at the pictures. I really like how you used the burlap. That is surely becoming a new love for me! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

scrappymo! said...

Love, love, love the burlap banner...but then I have a soft spot for burlap.

I'm on the lookout for burlap projects as my friend just advised I can have a fairly large supply from her. Her work uses them instead of packing foam chips. They bunch them up to take up space when packing fragile things.

I forsee a lot of banners around my house and my girls houses...teehee

Katie said...

Yay! This is exactly the perfect post for getting into the March spirit. We always make Irish soda bread in my family (we are half Irish after all!) but no one likes it! I don't know why we insist on making it every year! I wonder if AJ likes it, then he can eat it!

Debbiedoo's said...

You really did get into it Heather. We are going to Ireland next Spring. My sons marching band was asked to March in the Dublin St. Patricks day parade. Just saying that gives me goose bumps!

Jean said...

Wow! What a great March post! Love your ideas. Hope you had a party!

dee dee said...

You have created such a fun St. Pat's spirit at you home!

Jenifer Harrod said...

Wow I wish we were all decked out like this. Want to come over and do up my house? My Dad was born on St. Patrick's Day.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful post -- I'm half Irish so Saint patrick's Day is alwasy a specila occasion for me.

The Cliffs of Moher are among my favorite spots on earth. I haven't been there since the new visitor center was built. Years ago there were no barriers and one could walk right up to the edge ...fun, but scary!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

I love those banners. Those photos are so nice of the castle.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

I'm your newest follower via the Jillify It link party. I love your IRISH and LUCKY banners. The photos of Ireland are wonderful too. Thanks for sharing...Megan

Jenny Melrose said...

Thanks for sharing over at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family. I was expecting to only see the bunting, but you shared so much more. The wreath was beautiful and I can't believe you found that mug at a thrift store. I need to find a good one around here. Thanks again. I'm following too.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you have been to Ireland!! What an incredible experience!! You have definitely out-done yourself with all your beautiful Irish decor! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

4you-withlove said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas....LOVE them ALL!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

What a fantastic Post!! Ireland looks like a beautiful place to visit! I hope you'll link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/st-pattys-day-project-parade-linky.html

Jessie said...

The embossing gun! What fun. :) I can't wait till my little girl is old enough to really help decorate and bake. She says she wants big knives when she grows up. lol

Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

Stacey said...

Heather,
That burlap banner is just cute as can be! And the pics of your trip are so lovely - I would love to go there! Thanks for sharing at the creative Inspirations party! Please come back again next week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

The Tablescaper said...

So many wonderful ways to celebrate. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails