Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One Bouquet into Five

My younger daughter was in her first middle school musical. They did Willy Wonka, she was an Oompa Loompa.  We got her these flowers on opening night.
She's somewhere in the right side back in this shot. I really liked the backdrop they used.
 Remember Augustus Gloop?
The flowers had been up in her room for about two weeks without being touched.  I noticed they needed  a little "joodging" yesterday.   I thought I could salvage some of the flowers.
I managed to put together five little bouquets.
I put three of them back in her room.
She loves the teeny tiny vase (a gift from my mom). 
 I still had two bouquets to brighten up other rooms.
Pretty sweet!

The mask from the original bouquet also found a new home.
In more flower news, my mini daffodils are blooming!
Linking up with:


Pin It

14 comments:

French Girl in Seattle said...

Bonjour, Love what you did with the lively, colorful flowers in the smaller vases. THis is a wonderful idea. I often see larger bouquets I am not fond of, so I don't buy them, when in fact, I could just get them and take them apart. Food for thought. Thank you! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Katie said...

I love how you changed up the bouquet into little ones! That is such a great way to salvage flowers when the other parts of the bouquet go bad!

And I love those costumes and backdrop, the play looks awesome!

Cheryl said...

Great way to spread those flowers around the house for more enjoyment everywhere you look! School plays are always so fun!

dee dee said...

Love your little arrangements!
dee dee

jfb57 said...

I once gave small bunches to some dancers in a school play. They look lovely & I'm sure were really well received!

Lavender Cottage said...

It's always nice to repurpose a large bouquet into smaller ones. You had pretty flowers to work with.

VBR said...

Oh, I really like when a bouquet can be enjoyed by many and this is a perfect way to do it. No matter where you are in the house you can see some of the flowers! Lovely. And PS the backdrop for the play is absolutely wonderful. Whoever painted it did a great job.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I too will often do this to make a bouquet last longer. I almost prefer the tiny little bud vases. The stage looked amazing. I bet it was quite the show.
Dana

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Flowers! Spring! Can't wait!

I love the backdrop also...

anitamombanita said...

How fun. Great way to keep the flowers around as long as possible!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful way to share the beauty of your flowers around your home!

chrissy said...

that backdrop is amazing! did the students create that? the costumes are also really really great.

Esther Joy said...

I have a friend who loves nothing better than to get tiny wildflowers in tiny vases!

Jenny said...

Oh Heather! That backdrop is incredible. And I bet you're still smiling from watching this neat production. What lovely memories.

I, too, am always excited to 're-purpose' flower bouquets!

Your transformation is quite lovely.

Thanks for sharing it.

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails