Monday, March 7, 2011

{Getting Crafty} "Lucky" Banner

I thought the Spring mantel needed a little something more and I've been wanting to make a banner.

I had all the supplies on hand so I gave it a go.
I had these chipboard letters left over from my daughter's Sweet 16 party.
I had burlap left over from this pillow project and cut them into triangles. I used a hole punch to make two holes at the top of each one.
I painted the letters in a glitter green paint.
I had this twine left over from this birdbath project and these twine bottles.
I hot glued the letters to the triangles and strung it all together on the twine.  
I liked how it looked but thought it needed a little something extra.
I found this ribbon from my little Irish dancer
I tied bows on the ends.


Total cost for this project = $0

Linking up with:
Pin It

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Awesome! I have never used burlap in a banner before and am now inspired to try. Thanks for the idea!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heather, that looks great and free is best.

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations said...

Love how simple and cute your banner is! Thank you for stopping by and linking. :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is so cute, Heather. I love the look of the burlap. Simple, too! Looks great on your mantel.

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Leftover twine, burlap, ribbon, etc. and it turned out so wonderfully, this is my kind of frugal. Love it. Thanks for linking it to the St. Patrick's day party!

Life in Rehab said...

My favorite price! That came out really cute, and the bows are a perfect touch.

{ L } said...

This is super cute! I really like all the materials you used to create it. And LUCKY is one of my favorite words. ;)

Small Town Mommy :) said...

New follower from Welcome Wednesday :)

Http://justasmalltownmommy.blogspot.com

Matt and Leah said...

Love love love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your banner with me! :)

Matt and Leah said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your banner with me. I love love love it!

Leah
californiacallahans.blogspot.com

Christina @ The Tattered Tag said...

This banner is simply cute!! Thank you for sharing your great project by linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please remember tomorrow is another fun blog bash, so drop by and link up more of your creativity! Happy to be a new follower too :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Great banner, Heather!
Thanks SO much for sharing at the Kiss Me I'm Irish linky party over at I Gotta Create!
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails