Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Magnetic Chalkboard Painted Accent Wall

I don't ever normally do the painting around here but there was a small job left in the Tween's room.
She wanted a magnetic chalkboard wall.  The hubs was busy working on this, so I decided to tackle it myself.
This is what I used for the wall. 
Hubs graciously taped it off for me first. 
How hard could it be?
I rolled on the first coat.
Yes, I was really painting!
I did four coats and they dried really quickly.
More proof of my painting!
The finished wall (and the mess I made).
And she loves it!
I found this old set of magnetic poetry for her to "play" with.
She added a write on/wipe off board and the markers are magnetic so they stay up there too.
The paint really works, in some areas the magnetic pull isn't as strong but that was due to my unskilled painting I'm sure. The surface is a little rougher than a regular chalk board.
We also finally hung up the curtains and rods and she added her own ribbon tie backs.
It gives the room a nice pinkish glow
Here are some photos of the room with the bed closed up.  You can read more about her bed here.
and another angle of the room.
This is the bed pulled out
One more shot of the happy girl and her new room.
Here's where we started...how did we do?

Linking up with:




Pin It

16 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

What an adorable idea. I can see your daughter loves it. Come on over I have a cool giveaway going on.

Brenda's Blog said...

Awesome post!!! Love it all...what a great fun room!!!! Love the chalk board wall!!! Perfect bed!!! Lucky girl!!! ;0)

Hugs...Brenda

Heather said...

Her room looks fantatic! And that little sliver of wall is PERFECT for the magnetic chalkboard...I love it!

Erica said...

I love the room, it turned out great! The chalkboard wall is just too cool. I've always wanted to try one of those but wasn't sure if I could do it. It looks great!

Jenny said...

This came out so good!! I might have to try this myself! I love that it's magnetic to! I am also IN LOVE with that bed! To cool!

New follower from the blog hop:
http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

What an amazing idea!! And her room is gorgeous. Great job! I'm your newest follower from FIF Wednesday Window -- would love a follow at MindfullyFrugalMom

Self Sagacity said...

from Wed Win. I love it. I want a magnetic chalk board! Is it that simple? Just painting?

Self Sagacity said...

You wowed me, where did you get the paint and the wall cabinet? I love how it has all the little pockets on top for storage.:-)

redfly said...

Very nice. Cool idea for a girl's bedroom. I have a feeling if my daughter saw that she'd say---Mom, make it for me!

Melissa
redflycreations.blogspot.com

Between U & Me said...

This is so awesome! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute party happening right now! I've got an awesome giveaway this week, too! :D

http://www.betweenuandme.com/2011/10/crazy-cute-link-party-25-and-victorias.html

Meg said...

Wow, what a fun idea. I love the desk area you have for her, that looks fabulous. Great job!

Sara said...

This is so pretty!! Would love it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/11/turquoise-lovin-11.html

MondoMOM said...

Fantastic job. I just did a post on my blog about a framed chalkboard that can be moved from place to place.
Love your blog, by the way.

Scott Davidson said...

If you want to make your home really look really beautiful , paintings are the best way to do it believe home looks very well decorated . If you are looking to find Oil Paintings Reproductions at very economical price or cheap rates, you must visit wahooart.com

jelly andrews said...

I love how it turns out. It looks so adorable. It is a great place to have her pictures on display too. But since you use 4 layers of paint, does it mean that this is quite a costly project?

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Jelly - no not at all!! I bought a small can of the magnetic chalkboard paint and we've barely used up one quarter of it. We can do lots of other projects with it so I think this wall was relatively inexpensive!

-h

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails