Tuesday, July 27, 2010

{Rembering}The Other Disney and LaJolla Part 6

We absolutely love California. We'd been to Northern California twice and were on our first family trip to Southern California, getting in our Disney fix, then tripping out in LA and finally relaxing in beautiful La Jolla/San Diego area.  We were staying at the lovely Torrey Pines and oh how I miss it, even the smell..Torrey pine needles mingled with wood smoke, eucalyptus and rosemary (try their signature shower gel!).The resort was a golfer's paradise but since only one of us golfs at the moment, we just enjoyed the pool, restaurant and croquet greens when we weren't out exploring the area.


It was time to wrap up our trip and we had one very special thing planned. 
But first on the agenda, a trip to Sea World, San Diego.
Gotta love the dolphins!
and the Polar Bear exhibit.


More dolphins....

Back to the hotel for some R & R.

That evening we did this:
photo credit:theorie
photo credit:theorie
photo credit:theorie
an hour before:
A truly special way to end our time in California last summer.

Do you have any great California adventures? Are you lucky enough to live there? Let me know!!




Pin It

11 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

What wonderful photos...yours seems like an idyllic enchanted life.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Don't make me spit out my coffee! :)

Marie said...

Hey there, love the pics. Have never been to California myself but I'd love to visit there someday. I'm your newest follower from http://thethingswefindinside.blogspot.com/

Would love it if you paid my blog a visit. Thanks alot. Will be back again for a read.

Yona said...

Beautiful photos of the beach.

Im a new follower from Tuesday Tag-Along! Love if you'd stop by my website and become a blog friend - http://artpark78.com/blog1

Xenia said...

Wow, such beautiful photos! I'm dreaming of the beach now...

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Vhen said...

hi! its me Vhen from WW and WBW. just stopping by...

nice photos there =)

http://shyvhen.blogspot.com

Petie said...

Looks like a great family trip! What's not to love about a state with so much sunshine and beach???

Nan said...

I'm your newest follower, Thank you for share nice blog,

http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/

my community is http://theblogfrog.com/1233755

Have a nice day.

Nan

PS. From Welcome Wednesday.

Debbie said...

Never been to Cali....although we really want to...just for the food and culture experience alone:) Beautiful pictures Heather....We love Sea World!

queenofthisheremanor said...

Newest follower from WW here. ;-) Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing!

http://peasloveandcamelot.wordpress.com/

Seizing My Day said...

We just got back from Northern California ~ it was fun ~ but I still LONG to go to LaJolla! =) and San Diego! we love dolphins and orcas! We are planning a Sea World, Lego Land, Beach trip there in the next 12 months... =) Funny that you mentioned LaJolla ~ I researched and that was the city I was most attracted to! Where do you stay there? =) I am blog hopping today ~ nice to meet you! Wonderful pics of your renewal? vows? wedding?!! =)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails