Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Tradition - Berry Picking

This week's temperatures were soaring into the triple digits so I was very grateful for last week's respite and absolutely gorgeous weather to go on our annual berry picking expedition.  We go to the same lovely farm every year and it's usually sweltering hot but not last week, it was cool, sunny and breezy. Just perfect!

My helpers, off to the blueberry fields....
The whole place is just so picture perfect!
Finding those good blueberries...
These guys were plentiful!
There were a few ripe blackberries way up at the top of the plants.
The raspberries were tricky and harder to find but we managed to almost fill one quart with them.

Our bounty!
I had to take some photos in this beautiful setting.

And away we went...jam recipe to follow!
Blogger Templates
Have you heard about my giveaway ending July 14th??
Please enter here to win a $40 gift card to csnstores.com!

linking up with:
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2010/07/721-outdoor-wednesday-80.html

Summer Family Fun Blog Hop Tuesdays




Photobucket

Pin It

11 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

That setting is almost Disney perfect. What an idyllic day.

mle said...

Don't the berries just taste better when you pick them yourself?! what a beautiful setting : )

gnee said...

Berry delicious! They are beautiful and to pick them fresh...fabulous.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love picking berries! The blueberries look yummy! We have raspberries on some property we own! Love them ALL! ♥

Eve said...

Very nice activity fruit picking. I hope to go find some apples myself. I feel an apple pie coming on :D Lovely photos

A Write Life said...

Very nice post. Yummy looking berries.

Yellow House said...

I want to pick raspberries so badly now! I bought some at the Farmers Market last week and gobbled them all up before I even got home. Summer berries = happiness!

Petie said...

I see some great berry recipes in your future! Don't you love the old buildings/barns to photograph?

Genny said...

Following from Follow Me Back Tuesday! What a gorgeous blog you have here, and what beautiful photos. :)

MommyTopics.com said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I love this post... the berries are beautiful!

My daughter and I just went berry picking at a Blueberry Farm for the very first time, this week. We loved it. Now I'm baking like crazy trying to use them all up.

The berries are low cal and full of antioxidants. The butter and sugar in all of the baking... not so much.

Blessings
Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

Lori E said...

I am just drooling. This time of year with all its bounty. My husband just came home from out of town with a big box of cherries, peaches, some plums and apples too.
We will have to get some blueberries for the year too.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails