I was inspired by Rachelle over at Fingerprints on Fridge and her frugal yet fabulous bedroom makeover. I spied some empty picture frames on her bedside tables and the nightlight went off in my head. I just had to steal borrow this idea! I found two frames at the thrift store for a totally of $9 (as well as some other great purchases).
Added some glossy black paint from another project and ....
Stuck those puppies right up on the bedside table.
I also swapped out my tone on tone duvet cover and shams for these fresh "tidy whiteys" (a Home Goods find) for a fresh, summery look. I'm loving the wrinkly shabby chic meets boutique hotel look and feel.
Here's the before:
While I'm at it, I'll show you my Grandma's pretty crochet handiwork on our pillowcases
I can flip my Ikea accent pillows to the red side if I want to change up the bed a bit.
or keep them on the white side.
Which do you like better? Do you change up your bedroom for the seasons?












22 comments:
Nice job. The bedroom looks very inviting. I like those wall mounted candles as well.
Looks beautiful! I love it, now can you come do mine??
How do you stay so motivated? It looks great, Heather. I just change out bedding... I have big ideas but never seem to quite get there:) C'est la vie!
LOVE those pillows! No, I've never changed with the seasons, but you're making me wanna try it out! Your room looks FABULOUS :)
I heart grandma's pillowcases!
smiles!
That looks fantastic! Very dramatic, yet soft and romantic.
I'm doing a whole bedroom redo a scrap at a time, but there's no hurry- it's always summer here!
Looks great....I'm still working on our MB makeover. I don't change with the seasons, but I just seem to change (move things around) often?! It's a disease/hobby :)
I love your craftiness! I want to go thrift store shopping with you sometime - you always find such wonderful treasures!!
Wow!! Thanks everybody!
Oh, yes I do! I have gone the way of white comforter as well. Your bedroom looks positively havenesque. Good work girl.
Look fabulous, Heather! I love the empty frames look, too - I might have to steal that idea, as well! And isn't it amazing how much of a difference just changing out the duvet/comforter makes in a room? We just got a new white comforter on sale at Target - and it totally transforms the whole room. Love it! (and yes, I definitely change out tons of stuff for the seasons!)
~Chelsea
I love the look of the frames propped up against the wall! They look wonderful. :)
I also love the white bedding you are using! And what a cute pillow from IKEA~ I missed that one! :)
I hope you have a great weekend!
Those frames are pretty neat. And I really love the crochet on the pillow cases. How sweet. I like the red side of your accent pillows best. I'm trying to change up my livingroom with red pillows, just lookiing for the best fabric pattern to make them. :D
It looks GREAT Heather! :) I love the star, I might have to incorporate that into my room too! :) I like the white pillows, but the red is a nice pop!
xo
That's a great look. I don't change up my linens for the seasons, but I should start.
This looks terrific! I love changing up my linens with the seasons. It makes the whole house seem refreshed.
Loving the black on the frames, makes them really jump out against the wall. Looks great!
alicia
I love how you used these frames! They turned out great - and what a fantastic idea! :)
Hi Heather~ hopping over from Debbiedoos~ your room looks beautiful! I love your vignette and your pillows, too! I'm a new follower!
Heather I heart this project too....so easy yet adds such a cute touch! Cool, and thanks for linking up and joining in on the party. Have a great weekend. Debbie
CUTE!!! I love your blog! Great ideas! I love the frames that you used!! I am your newest follower. Stop by Sassy Sites and say HI! :)
I never would have thought to use frames like this, but I really love it! Once we get some nightstands I might steal this idea too. :)
Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday!!
Post a Comment