Saturday, July 10, 2010

{Recipe} Patriotic Cookie Bark

I saw Rachelle link up to this blog featuring this patriotic cookie bark and I knew it would be the perfect thing for 4th of July dessert.  You know I made that 4th of July short cake last year so I needed something new. This looked really easy!  All you need are some sandwich style cookies (like Oreos), pretzels, white melting chocolate (almond bark), red,white and blue sprinkles and m & m's. The apples just happen to be in the picture and are not necessary for this recipe.

Crush up some sandwich style cookies.  I used about 20.

Melt the almond bark in the microwave. I used the whole package which was a little more than 1 lb.


Meanwhile, cover a baking sheet with a Silpat or other non stick covering.
Put the crushed cookies on the pan and then crumble up some pretzels on top of the cookies.

Start pouring the melted almond bark over the cookie-pretzel combo.

Keep on pouring it ...

and covering the cookies and pretzels...
until they are completely covered (or until you run out of almond bark).
Cover generously with red, white and blue sprinkles.

Add your red and blue m & m's.  This is all we got from 2 share-size bags but it was plenty.
Distribute the m & m's



We stuck it in the fridge until it hardened up and then broke into pieces.
YUM!
It looks pretty good on my thrift store tray!

Linking up with:
UndertheTableandDreaming

PhotobucketThe Girl Creative

Pin It

20 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

This is sick, you need help, and now I need insulin.

Oh, and I just gave you a blogger award. I'm still calling 911.

Sally said...

You make it look so easy and yummy. Found out about your blog from The Creative Girl. I've added you to my reader.

Mel said...

I've just gained another 5 lbs just look at this:) Yummy.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Oh yum! I pretty much love ANYTHING with chocolate and pretzels...

mindingmomma said...

This looks delicious!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Jami said...

That looks yummy! The last photo you shared of it should be in a magazine! Gorgeous!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

mo said...

Yummy! Your last picture looks like it was right out of a magazine for July. Great post...I am a newbie follower of yours from "Sweet Sunday". *hugs*

Life in Rehab said...

By the way, Sammy saw this and requested it for his 19th birthday.

B said...

What a great recipe! I can't wait until I can eat dairy again - I'll definitely be trying this out :)

Great blog!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks everybody!! It's so easy to make and yummy!

Rachelle said...

Yum!!! Looks sooo good!

Yellow House said...

That looks amazing!!! I am going to save the recipe for Halloween and change the colors. YUMMMM!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh, and I could make that anytime couldn't I? Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

gnee said...

Heather,

This looks so yummy and easy too...how can we make it low-carb? I know my family would love it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! I would go into sugar shock ...but how good is that! All of the best ingredients! ♥

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

Oh wow! These look so delicious. You could make them for any holiday. They would be really cute at Christmas too.

Thanks for linking to Messy Monday!!

Jennette said...

Fantastic!

XiicepinkiX said...

Hello! I am your newest follower from FMBT :-) Great blog! I hope when you get a chance you could swing by my blog and follow me back ? Thanks!

http://xiicepinkix.blogspot.com/

Teresa @ ♥ TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ♥ said...

This sounds SO yummy! I am definitely going to have my girls make this. Thanks so much for sharing.

Teresa <><

Jonie Marie said...

This looks delicious and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing! I will be trying this with my daughter for sure. I think she would love to help me make it!

Thanks for linking up to Point of View! Hope you'll join us again next month!
Jonie

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails