Friday, July 30, 2010

J'♥Montreal! Part 2

     If you need to catch up on Part 1 of our trip,you can click here.
We took the Metro to Pie IX (Pronounced Pee Neuf) Station to see the Olympic Stadium and Botanical Gardens.  The gardens opened earlier so we went there first.
We thought this was it, uhhh..no this is just the outside of the Botanical Gardens.

This is the indoor part of the garden that we didn't even get into.


Working on my skillz...

I loved the iron work on the gate into the Rose Garden.
Just a bit of the Rose Garden.
The Chinese Garden

Les Trois Etoiles (the three stars)


Fitting right in here.


Japanese Garden





This rock formation was in the the First Nations Garden.

OK, time to head over to the Olympic Stadium and up into this funicular ride in the Observation Tower. All the way UP!
The stadium was built for the 1976 Olympics

We had a birds eye view of Montreal, even on an overcast day.  On the way out we passed this theater, check out all of the French movie titles!  Our favorite was Detestable Moi!



Dinner at a Creperie (view out the window from out table)

My brie and Granny Smith apple crepes with maple syrup.

You want some, don't you?

One of the many street musicians.
Another beautiful evening in Montreal.


to be continued...

Pin It

23 comments:

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) said...

these photos are amazing

LakeMom said...

Great trip - great photos! I need to get out and take more photos! Following you from Follow Friday. Can't wait to explore your blog!

LakeMom
www.SurvivingMotherhoodwithHumor.com
www.GuidetoCollegeLife.com

Life in Rehab said...

Brie and apples! Yes, I'll take a bite, please!

What a gorgeous trip, and I could spend all day in gardens like that.

Jessica - Mom of all Trades said...

Hi! I'm your newest GFC follower from Social Parade. Would love it if you'd follow me back at Mom of all Trades.

Mom et al said...

Hi, I'm your newest Friday Follower!

Come visit me at mom-et-al.com

-Maria

Yellow House said...

You had me at the apple crepes! Have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

So pretty!
I am now following you through
Follow Friday 40+!!
http://pegsplay.blogspot.com/

Lana said...

That crepe did look scrumptious! Wonderful pictures!

Sheila said...

I'm one of your newest follower from Friendly Friday Follow!

http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com

cfoxes33 said...

I'm a new follower. Thanks for the follow! Beautiful tour of Montreal.

The Mommy said...

Oh my, such lovely pictures. The ones in the garden are so tranquil:)

Nf1andprek-whisper said...

Heather, you had me at brie and granny smith apples.... YUM...

Mass Hole Mommy said...

I love Montreal...I've been a few times, but your pics make it look even better than I remember!

New Jersey Memories said...

I'm a new follower from Over 40 Bloggers! I like your blog!

http://www.newjerseymemories.com

Debbie said...

WOW Heather those are fabulous photos. Montreal is beautiful..., I have been to Canada, and Toronto many times....YES in reference to your question, I have been sited in the grocery store and at the boys school....and of course it is a simple WOW!

Chrissy said...

These are beautiful! :o)

Just stopping by from New Friend Friday! Very nice blog!

Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf said...

Great photos and looks like it was a wonderful trip. I don't know about you but I love to travel.
~Naila Moon
http://onegreatbigmashuganaworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-do-they-have-in-common.html

Julie Harward said...

Hi Heather...I came here from Frenchy's blog and I really like your blog. I have signed in to follow you and am adding you to my blog list....come say hi :D

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

The picture looking outside of the creperie is beautiful. I felt like I was actually there.
Dana

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

OH WOW This is SOO fun! I want some of that crepe!
This is a great post! You really have some fun pictures!
Hope you link to French Obsession party tomorrow! You sure have a lot of French Fun!
Hugs
Frenchy

Java said...

I'd day you have great skills Heather! Fantastic pics! Looks like an awesome time!!

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

Now, i really need to try the crepe with Brie, Granny smith and maple syrup! Never had this before! great post again! Thank you for linking up :)

Anna said...

Hello again Heather,
Oh, I really love the Chinese garden pictures!
Yummy crêpes!
Best wishes,
Anna
For the benefit of all readers:
Anna's French Obsession

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails