Compare that to her current room at the time which we had recently redone in bright lime and aqua.
We didn't want to buy all new bedding and window treatments (PB Teen) so we were going to keep the colors the same. We stripped the wall paper and painted her room in similar colors but not quite as boldly. The lime and aqua were represented in some vertical lines over a pale, watery blue. Perfect for a new tweener starting middle school.
The summer before she started high school, we decided the room could use a little more organization and maturity. She would also need a desk. She was inspired by a room at Ikea that had wardrobes and cabinets built around a bed. We were able to assemble all of the pieces and only hired a contractor to hang the overhead cabinets to make sure they were safe and secure.
The inspiration room also had a wall opposite the bed with mirrored doors like this.
The best part of these wardrobes are the interior fittings to store all of you stuff. We were able to give her hanging bars,a sliding shoe rack, pull out baskets and lots of shelves.








11 comments:
WOW!!! Awesome room and I absolutely LOVE the closets!!!! You are soooo organized. I am impressed!!!! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.
Bonnie
Very cool room Heather! I love the inspiration rooms at IKEA too. They have such neat ideas.
You have done so much with your house; I envy your motivation! Very cool room for a very cool teen, to be sure:)
wow Heather!! It looks amazing. I love the vertical stripes. You did such a nice job and I bet she loves it!
Thanks for linking up to my Messy Monday party. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
Very cool!!
I love the color choices! Someone has my kind of taste :)
I'm visiting from 'Transformation Tuesday'.
Thanks for sharing!
Love that wardrobe! Great transformations!!
I bet she loves it! I'm really diggin' those cabinets around the bed - awesome! So much storage, and so stylish. :)
~Chelsea
Thanks you everybody! I'm overwhelmed by all of the nice comments.
Chelsea..I know I'm totally jealous of her wardrobes plus she has a regular closet which she barely needs anymore!
Just found your blog! What a beautiful bedroom! You should feel great about it!
Oh man, what a great room! I want this to be my bedroom, what with the great stripes and wonderful storage and all the great ideas. No wonder she's a smiling girl!
Post a Comment