Friday, May 14, 2010

Spray Painters Anonymous

Remember when I gave you a sneak peek of my latest (and first) Goodwill finds?  Here's a little refresher. Not pictured are two Gooseberry Patch cookbooks..did I do well or what?


A lot of the items have already been put to use but I wanted to tweak two of them with some...shall I say it?
SPRAY PAINT!!! 
I've been inspired by a few fellow bloggees, namely Sunny and Stephanie in terms of spray painting goodness.
This lantern was item numero uno. Nice shape but it was rusty, dirty and webby/nesty(don't ask).
I cleaned it up and covered the glass with some junk mail and painter's tape.
Got my can of this.  You know they lock this stuff down at Lowe's?
Here goes nothin'.  I realized later that I should have blocked up the little vents near the top but I really don't know if I could have from the inside, the opening is very narrow.  Luckily, it's not very noticable.
That was fun. Onto victim item #2. This wire bowl had seen better days. It looks ok in the photo but it was pretty rusted up.
Ahhh...so much better!
I did two coats on each one and I'm pretty pleased with the end results.

and together now!

Who am I kidding? I'm positively thrilled with the results and I'm hooked on spray painting!!  What to try next...I'm thinking the silver urn.  Have you ever spray painted anything? What's your favorite makeover?






Linking up with:
and these other great parties.
FollowMeFridays
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!















The Girl Creative
Pin It

23 comments:

Julee said...

I love spray paint! Though, I'm not nearly as focused as you with it! ;) I'm Follower #240--your newest follower from "New Friend Friday".
http://jonbonjovious.blogspot.com

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Spraypainting is addictive. It's instant gratification in a can :)! You found some fantastic items! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming 1201!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Julee and Beth!!

It is addictive!

Cindy said...

I spray paint all the time and my favorite makeover is probably the chandelier that I have yet to finish. I love how it is turning out, though. Your lantern and wire bowl look great! Do you think it is because of us spray paint crazy women that Lowes keeps it locked up?!?!?

Happy Birthday Author said...

Now following! Cool stuff on your blog!

Jen said...

Happy Follow Me Friday!! I am now following you. Please stop by when you have a minute.

Now you have me thinking...What can I spray paint!! My husband thanks you!! LOL!

TidyMom said...

You did GREAT!! I have a slew of things waiting for spray paint as soon as it stops raining here! ugh....first we had very windy days, now a week of rain......a girl cant spray paint in rain and wind! LOL

Thanks for sharing and linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

Crystal said...

I'm glad you discovered spray paint!!! Sometimes it's a girls best friend. I am spray paint queen and have painted almost everything......neither the kids or dogs would stand still long enough!!! Your things look great!

Crystal said...

Hey Crystal again! In answer to your question I did spray paint the suitcase. I used the cheap
.97 cent paint from Wal-Mart! Good luck!

Mel said...

Ha! You're an addict now. Great finds Heather.

kim said...

I think we all need spray paint therapy. I know I do and regular paint and brush therapy, too.

Remodelaholic said...

Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Great job on the spray painting...I know my neighbors think I'm crazy because I'm always outside with a can in my hand:) Thanks for coming by for a visit and I hope you have a FUN weekend!

Blessings,
Linda

Chelsea said...

I'm playing blog catchup. :) But I just wanted to say - I LOVE spray painting! I'm quickly becoming an addict, too. I spray painted two things yesterday, and plan to do quite a few more. :) And I love how your lantern and basket turned out! They look fabulous! Can't wait to see what else you've transformed!

Life in Rehab said...

Amazing what a difference spray paint makes! Those turned out beautifully.

Life in Rehab said...

Oh, and thanks for the plug, Heather! I really appreciate it!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Sunny! And you're welcome!! :)

Stephanie Lynn said...

Heather - Thanks so much - I am glad I could inspire. I have a fond love of spray paint. Your transformations are fabulous! Great finds! Love the lantern. Hope you have a great week! Thanks again! Stephanie Lynn

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Love the new look! Isn't spray paint the best?!

creativejewishmom.com said...

Thanks so much for linking up on Craft Schooling Sunday! Would love to see what you do with the basket! all the best....

Kendall said...

Aaah, I love spray paint. Miracle in a can! Great job on your new accessories! Thanks for linking up to Shop The House Sunday.

Traci at ThreeDogsAtHome said...

Great job on your first thrifting run. You have natural talent. I love to spray paint too, drop by and see what the girls and I have painted lately.
Traci

TheFiveDays said...

Bought my first can today...can't wait to use it! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails