Monday, May 17, 2010

Updating our Abode-Kids Room 2

Another wall paper removal job! At least this was only one wall(and an intricate border that you can't see). Here she is picking which room she wanted as we were touring the house for the first time.  She liked the wood floors!

Compare that to her current room at the time which we had recently redone in bright lime and aqua.

We didn't want to buy all new bedding and window treatments (PB Teen) so we were going to keep the colors the same. We stripped the wall paper and painted her room in similar colors but not quite as boldly.  The lime and aqua were represented in some vertical lines over a pale, watery blue.  Perfect for a new tweener starting middle school.
The summer before she started high school, we decided the room could use a little more organization and maturity. She would also need a desk.  She was inspired by a room at Ikea that had wardrobes and cabinets built around a bed.  We were able to assemble all of the pieces and only hired a contractor to hang the overhead cabinets to make sure they were safe and secure.
The inspiration room also had a wall opposite the bed with mirrored doors like this.
The best part of these wardrobes are the interior fittings to store all of you stuff. We were able to give her hanging bars,a sliding shoe rack, pull out baskets and lots of shelves.
Here are some of our other room makeovers.

                            
Show and Tell Green
DIY Day @ ASPTL
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden














giveaways









Pin It

11 comments:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

WOW!!! Awesome room and I absolutely LOVE the closets!!!! You are soooo organized. I am impressed!!!! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.
Bonnie

Life in Rehab said...

Very cool room Heather! I love the inspiration rooms at IKEA too. They have such neat ideas.

Heather said...

You have done so much with your house; I envy your motivation! Very cool room for a very cool teen, to be sure:)

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

wow Heather!! It looks amazing. I love the vertical stripes. You did such a nice job and I bet she loves it!

Thanks for linking up to my Messy Monday party. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Very cool!!

Jackie said...

I love the color choices! Someone has my kind of taste :)
I'm visiting from 'Transformation Tuesday'.
Thanks for sharing!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Love that wardrobe! Great transformations!!

Chelsea said...

I bet she loves it! I'm really diggin' those cabinets around the bed - awesome! So much storage, and so stylish. :)

~Chelsea

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks you everybody! I'm overwhelmed by all of the nice comments.


Chelsea..I know I'm totally jealous of her wardrobes plus she has a regular closet which she barely needs anymore!

Bonni said...

Just found your blog! What a beautiful bedroom! You should feel great about it!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Oh man, what a great room! I want this to be my bedroom, what with the great stripes and wonderful storage and all the great ideas. No wonder she's a smiling girl!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails