Friday, May 30, 2014

{Field Trip} The Resource Exchange

Last weekend we took a little field trip to The Resource Exchange in Philadelphia.  It's in a pretty nondescript building and we might have missed it if we hadn't seen this huge wheel in the window.
This place is incredible.  They call themselves "a creative reuse center" and they truly live up to that.  You can find pretty much anything here and it's all so neatly displayed.
I liked this vintage camera corner..and that's an old phonograph you can rent.
There were rolls and rolls of fabric, skeins of yarn, bins of zippers and other sewing supplies.  You could find housewares and decor items throughout the space.
Back in the "way too weird" room were thousands of art slides and old projectors.
This room was a mishmash of things that also included Christmas decorations and party supplies.
This arts and crafts supply area was so neat and tidy and the prices were great.
There were art prints, matts and frames.
That big wheel in the window was for sale as well as the half wheel. I really wanted one!
There were a lot of salvaged film and theater production items for sale.  A whole room was devoted to green building and home building supplies.  
Framed artwork and ...
more artwork and books
The front of the warehouse is a cute storefront with examples of reused and upcycled art pieces for sale. There was also a workshop area where they hold classes (mostly free) featuring artists who use recycled materials.   I could have spent hours in there!
We came home with an eclectic assortment of goodies.  College Girl has an idea in mind for the "Reserved" signs.   Miss Middle School picked up some brass plate stencils, fun letters, shiny silver paper squares and old key and a vintage playbook.  I scored a nice piece of slate, some Asian wrapping paper/decorations and cute bamboo plates.  Sadly, no giant wheel.
If you're ever in Philly, this place is definitely worth the trip!
Part 2 of our field trip here.
Linking up with:

Pin It

12 comments:

Kathy McB said...

WHOA!!!!!! How did I not know about this place??!!??? Thanks for sharing....SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like a great place to go. I would have had a field day all day there! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Interesting! Thank you for sharing. And I am looking forward to see what your girls come up with. :-)

Tamar SB said...

Oh my goodness - this place looks amazing!

Jules said...

This place looks incredible! I would love to just spend an afternoon browsing!

Katie said...

This place looks so cool! Its definitely going on my Philly list - if we ever actually get back there!

Debbiedoos said...

That has to be one neat place Heather. NEVER heard of any place like it. Thanks for sharing. Wish I were close.

Ida said...

Sounds like a very fascinating place. I would enjoy browsing through it for sure.

Becky said...

What an amazing store! I bet you could spend hours in there!! You found some great things too!

Karen said...

WHAAAAT!!! I have never heard of this fantastic place. Heading off to Google it right now!

Christine Graves said...

What a wonderful place! and I want those window arches too!

Morgan said...

This place looks so cool! We don't have anything like that near me. Even the thrift stores where I live are terrible. :( I always go hoping to find a treasure and nope! Nothing. I would have a field day in this place!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails