Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantel 2014

I styled this year's mantel pretty much like last year's mantel because I liked it so much and it was easy.
I didn't buy anything new but I did add in a few new things like the floral heart wreath under the yarn Snowy Garland.  That used to hang on one of our front doors but now they've got their Popsicle Stick Snowflakes adorning them so the wreath needed a new home.
 In addition to the photo of the kids that I have in a heart shaped frame, I added an old photo of the hubby and me and I popped a rose that had fallen off of the wreath into the LOVE candle holder.  I stuck the little mailbox (meant for a roll of stamps) up there and figured it would fit in perfectly with the Valentine theme.
I found the hand print artwork in with the decorations and love how it reminds me of my kids when they were small. {sigh}
Do you do any special decorating for Valentine's Day?

Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

1) I wish I had a fireplace (darn city/apartment living)

2) LOVE the brick

3) love this - so love filled and festive!

Morgan said...

I love that garland! It's so cute :) you definitely have an eye for mantle decorating.

Katie said...

This is so pretty!

I love the pops of color with the white. It makes it all seem so festive!

I seriously cannot wait to have a fireplace to decorate :)

Also - had no idea those little mailboxes were meant for stamps. I always wondered what they were for, because we had some at my house! Hahaha

Karen said...

What a gorgeous display.

Becky said...

I love how festive this looks with the red and white! I use to do a lot of Valentine decorating and have scaled back quite a bit. In fact, the last two years, I've just hung up a banner and a wreath. However, our puppy is a big fan of paper, so no banner this year, and I didn't feel like wading through the snow to the storage shed for the wreath. Haha!

Dawn said...

Pretty! Love the snowflake garland! And the heart wreath! And ...

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails