Monday, February 10, 2014

{Get Crafty}Valentine Candy Houses

I have another easy Valentine craft today that combines cuteness and candy.   I'm behind in my posts and well, Valentine's Day is on Friday so I better get this one up!! We've made graham cracker candy houses for Christmas and did fall themed houses at this party so why not for Valentine's Day?
We had my niece for the day and this was one of our planned activities to do with her.
  I hot glued the houses together this time for stability and to save time (we never eat the houses even when we use icing).  For full construction how-to's you can check out this post.
 I picked up most of the candy in the bulk section of the supermarket. I only needed a little of each so it was pretty inexpensive to do it that way. 
 I covered the table with craft paper and set everything out for decorating including a batch of royal icing for glueing the candy on.
We got to work decorating our cookie cottages and it was a lot of fun! 
The little houses always cheer me up and add to the 'sweet' decor of the season.

Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

9 comments:

Jules said...

Awwww....what a fun project and they turned out sooooo cute!!! I would definitely want to snack as I decorated...lol.

Katie said...

The houses are adorable!

This is such a fun idea, they are so cute to decorate for Valentine's Day!

camp and cottage living said...

Heather
These are adorable!

Tamar SB said...

Yum and fun! They look so cute!

Dawn said...

Cute! Fun craft!

Morgan said...

Aw, those are precious. I love gingerbread houses :) so sweet that you made them with your niece. I'm sure she loved that!

Becky said...

These turned out adorable and I bet she had SO much fun making them. Great idea to make Valentine houses. Also, to hot glue them. They do always fall apart!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This is a fun and cute idea to do with kids for Valentine's Day.
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds like so much fun!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails