Tuesday, February 25, 2014

{Get Organized} Spice Rack Bathroom Storage

My girls have a very small bathroom where every square inch counts.  
It got cluttered in there when both girls were using it over Christmas break and I wanted to find a solution to give them a little more storage and easy access to their products.
They have minimal counter space
and limited storage for their everyday items.
The Ikea rail system just wasn't cutting it any longer.
I found the idea on Pinterest to use Ikea Bekvam spice racks for bathroom storage and picked up 4 of them back in January.  They are only $3.99/each!
I quickly got to work assembling them ( Instagramming this back in January also). 
Then we got a lot of snow and frigid, below zero temperatures so I couldn't spray paint them.
I finally got a semi warm day in February to paint them. Yay!
We hung them up this weekend and I love them!  We only ended up using two of them.
Now I can use them somewhere else in the house.  They are really versatile little shelves.  They can even be flipped over as a shelf/towel rack combo. Cute, right?
I was thinking we'd put one on the left side of the room but when we held one up to the wall, it felt too cluttered and closed in.


I love how these humble spice racks have become lovely, organized storage for this tiny bath.
Linking up with:
Wicked Good Wednesday
Wow Me Wednesday
Design In Friday
Create Link Inspire
Catch a Glimpse
Craftastic Monday
Sunday Showcase
Creative Mondays
I Heart Organizing
Wow Us Wednesday
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Super idea!!!!!! Love the idea to flip them over too....I wonder if I can get to good use in my kitchen - probably not a good idea to reach over the stove for my salt collection...

Carla from The River said...

Great idea!!

Debbiedoos said...

Well aren't you the clever one! Looks great Heather, love the idea.

Becky said...

Great idea! Love then in white too. Our IKEA opens in the fall, until then it's a six hour drive...

Bliss said...

My spices are a mess, I need to turn a spice rack into spice rack storage!

Ida said...

Oh this is a clever idea. Looks like you found a great solution to your storage issues. We need something like this too.

Love Of Quilts said...

Wow they work good for this, was this your idea.

Katie said...

This is an awesome idea! I especially like the idea of flipping them as a towel rack/shelf. I feel like that would be so perfect to put my glasses on while I washed my face and all that (I always lose them when I put them on the dark/similar colored counter top!)

Also, loving that the girls have a double vanity in there - it must make getting ready so much easier!

eNiGma said...

This is a really good idea. Thank you for sharing.

Rebecca said...

You are clever. Thanks for sharing.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails