Thursday, February 20, 2014

{Get Crafty} Floral Crown

We have a guest crafter today, my daughter (aka Miss Middle School).  
She is showing us how to make this pretty floral crown.
Start with some floral wire and wax covered cotton twine. Wrap the wire with the twine until you have enough to fit on your head (you only need to cover half of your head circumference because you'll be adding ribbon).
Check and measure that you have enough, adding more until you make it half way around your head with the twine wrapped wire.  Cut and twist the ends to secure.
Wrap the twine wrapped wire with ribbon (you'll need about 3 times the length of the wire).
Glue the ribbon occasionally as you wrap it to keep it secure.
Once the wire is completely wrapped you'll have two "tails" for tying the crown.
Test it out and trim to desired length.
Now gather the flowers you want to use, leaving a small piece of stem at the bottom.
Cut a piece of floral tape 2-3 inches long .
Wrap one end of the tape around the flower stem,
then secure the rest of the tape by wrapping it around the crown a few times.
The tape will hold the flowers in place.

Keep adding flowers and leaves until you like the result.
When you get to the ends, your crown will be complete.
Go out in the snow and do a Spring dance!!
Pin It

11 comments:

Jules said...

How pretty! Your creative gene has definitely been passed down to both of your girls....how awesome!

Thoughts for the day said...

She could sell those at a 'outdoor' market in the spring or summer. Awesome young lady.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love this idea, so cute and she is such a doll. Great model. Hugs, Marty

Carla from The River said...

Very pretty.

Mellodee said...

I'm confused....the maker of the crown was your younger daughter....and the wearer of the crown was your older daughter????

Katie said...

This is an awesome crown Miss Middle School!

I love how spring-y it is, especially with all of the snow there!

I'm going to make one for my birthday in the spring and wear it all day :)

camp and cottage living said...

Thank your daughter for the tutorial for me! I would love to make one for my g'daughter for Spring.
Maybe here Spring dance will make all your snow melt away and the flowers to bud!

Tamar SB said...

So pretty!

Becky said...

Such a pretty guest blogger :) love her nail polish too!! Great project! My girls would love this!

Morgan said...

This is precious. If only it was spring and the sun was shining down on it!
I love your daughter's hair! My hair is so long and it's always nice to see other people that have long hair too. :) Next time I get called a hippie I am going to remember your daughter's hair and know that I am not alone!

Ida said...

Cute idea and your daughter is so pretty. What a lovely smile.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails