Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Recipe} Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs

My love affair with spaghetti squash continues...I'm not kidding..I'm obsessed!
I love this stuff!
I also love my crock pot so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it!
You only need 3 ingredients to make this easy dish.
Ingredients:
1 large spaghetti squash
1 bag of frozen meatballs of your choice (I used Nate's meatless-Classic Style)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce 
Wash and dry off the spaghetti squash.  Cut in half and remove seeds and mebranes.
Put the squash, cut side down into the crock pot. Add sauce and meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours until the spaghetti squash has softened. 
Remove the squash with tongs and use a fork to scrape out the 'noodles' from the squash. Discard the shell.   
Put some spaghetti squash noodles on your plate and top it with the sauce and meatballs. Add a little Parmesan cheese if you like. 

Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a GREAT way to cook the squash!!! I also have a love affair with that sauce!

Tamar SB said...

What a GREAT way to cook the squash!!! I also have a love affair with that sauce!

Creations By Cindy said...

Well I might just have to try this one! My hubby loves squash cooked any way! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kathy McB said...

Hmmmm....very interesting~

Katie said...

This looks delicious! And I love how you used the crock pot! I was using my a lot, but I haven't been lately. I need to get back to it!

Mama Hen said...

That looks scrumptious! You always have the best recipes to share. :) Hope you are doing great! I took a little break from blogging, but I am happy to be back and visit my favorite bloggy friends! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Becky said...

Love, love, love this recipe!!! Definitely trying this!!!

Dee D said...

I have soooo got to try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Morgan said...

You know this is right up my alley since it's vegetarian!! I just received a crock pot recently and I haven't used it for much - still figuring out how to use it, haha. :) This sounds so awesome!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails