Friday, February 21, 2014

{Recipe}Roasted Chickpeas-Two Ways

Crunchy, nutty, addictive roasted chickpeas,what took me so long?
I finally made some and we devoured the results. 
 I tried a sweet (coconut oil spray, cinnamon & brown sugar) version and a savory (olive oil, salt, pepper, dried onion & garlic powder) version. 
(I wouldn't advise doing this on the same baking sheet.) :)
I used can chickpeas, rinsed and dried off of any excess moisture.
Cover baking sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Roast at 400 F until brown and crispy (30-40 minutes). They are best hot out of the oven or slightly cooled.  You can also store them(once completely cooled) in an air tight container if you have any leftovers.
The possibilities are endless for this yummy and healthy treat!
Linking up with:
Wicked Good Wednesday
Catch a Glimpse
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I love these! I actually have to not buy them at the store b/c I will eat the whole bag at once (-:

Tamar SB said...

I love these! I actually have to not buy them at the store b/c I will eat the whole bag at once (-:

Karen said...

Which did you like better? I bought chickpeas awhile ago to make these, but I keep forgetting.

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! I can not wait to give this a try.

lindalou said...

Nice! Good treat option. I'm leaning towards the savory though.

Becky said...

Do you buy the canned ones and rinse and drain, or how does that work?? Love this idea!!

Bliss said...

I'm gonna trust you on this one, so I'm pinning it, but I've only ever used them in chili.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Karen & @Lindalou I liked the savory version better.
@Becky yes I used the canned beans and rinsed them then dried them off before adding the seasonings.

Morgan said...

I love chickpeas, but I've never used them at home before. I should do that as they are a vegetarian staple! Both of these versions sound sooo good to me. It'd be great to serve at the Bible studies I have at my house.

Katie said...

Yum! These are some of my favorites. I really like the savory ones, they are great when I am craving something salty and crunchy, and they are pretty filling too!

I need to grab some chickpeas at the store and make these for this week. The new guy came and it looks like its going to be stressful! I'm definitely going to need a healthy snack to get through this!

Brooke said...

Oh, Yum! These look delicious. I've never thought of doing this before. We always have chickpeas in the pantry but typically use them for curry dishes and falafel. I'm going to have to soak a couple cups of chickpeas tonight so I can make these tomorrow!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails